Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By itg
  • 2 Post By TW-Brian
  • 3 Post By RaZed1

Thread: Suzuki VanVan 200

Suzuki VanVan 200

Hello tw people,

First time poster! I look forward to digging around on this forum more and reading about the Yamaha's.

Thought I'd share a pic of what I have been riding for a while now. Anyone here like these VanVan's? A bit less suspension travel than the TW and a little more city focused, but it's great here in Oakland for construction areas, potholes, and rough backroads. I love how light these bikes are.

Ian

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itg View Post
    Hello tw people,

First time poster! I look forward to digging around on this forum more and reading about the Yamaha's.

Thought I'd share a pic of what I have been riding for a while now. Anyone here like these VanVan's? A bit less suspension travel than the TW and a little more city focused, but it's great here in Oakland for construction areas, potholes, and rough backroads. I love how light these bikes are.

Ian

That looks like a very comfy seat! I have no experience with a Van Van but they look cool and have a lot of TW attributes.

Welcome to the forum itg!

Nice bike! I think there may be a few VanVan owners on this forum but most of us NorCal nutjobs ride TW's. Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime and compare bikes.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I compared the Van and TW side by side at the dealer. I tell you....if the Van was just a little more dirt I would have gotten it. That seat is WAY better than the TW.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Welcome to the forum itg!

Nice bike! I think there may be a few VanVan owners on this forum but most of us NorCal nutjobs ride TW's. Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime and compare bikes.

Brian

Thanks man! I'd be down to ride any time. I've been wanting to do a loop down Calaveras, up mount Hamilton to the junction and up mines road. Have you ridden around Frank Raines OHV?

Hi Ian,

I have done that ride a number of times - all great roads for a TW (or a VanVan )!

Here is a thread where a number of us met up at the Junction (I can't believe that it has been almost 6 years ago ). Half came from San Jose up and over Mt. Hamilton, and half of us came through Livermore and out Mines Road.

https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/tra...-ohv-park.html

This was a great ride and a great time - who wants to do it again?

Brian

EFI and a stock oil cooler are two nice bonuses and yeah the seat is about 10x more comfortable than the TW's plank. I certainly wouldn't turn down a free one. I did demo one and unsurprisingly, it drove pretty much exactly like the TW. The EFI gives it an edge over a stock (read, super lean) jetted TW carb, it runs a little nicer in "out of the box" form. Subjectively the Vanvan is overall a little more refined. Engine is a bit smoother, trans shifts a bit nicer, and it doesn't have quite as much of the "agricultural" feel of the TW. Of course the downside to EFI is if you change anything whatsoever, you also then need to buy a $300 power commander to make it run properly rather than a $4 assortment of jets from ebay.

Vanvan's are about as rare as hen's teeth though. I think I've ever seen ONE actually in the wild. The local dealer has a 2018 leftover that's been collecting dust in the showroom. They still want full MSRP for it although I suspect that'd change pretty quick if someone actually expressed interest.

TW has way more aftermarket/potential though. There's also 30+ years of parts floating around out there.
    Ken, CJ7Pilot and Sthrnromr like this.

I came close to procuring a VanVan. I even had a dealer about 3 hours away write up a deal on a left over brand new '18. It was (and still is) about $1,000 less than the '19 version. But, it was still gonna be too much out the door for me. So, I ventured over (actually back to) the TW side of the planet. I just picked up a very low mileage '07. It's been rode hard and put away wet. But, I watched a youtube video report on a VanVan and well, it might be the one next time.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Sponosred Links