Close

Like Tree19Likes
  • 11 Post By plumbstraight
  • 3 Post By plumbstraight
  • 3 Post By plumbstraight
  • 2 Post By jeepster09

Thread: 1500 nomad kawasaki

1500 nomad kawasaki

I just got back from a fun trip to Minnesota to do a trade. Traded my 09TW for a really nice Kawasaki Nomad. I still have a TW to ride with you folks so will be looking forward to doing rides still. The trip was over 4500 mi by the time I pulled into my driveway at home. My best friend that I served with in VN just lived 60 mi from the place I picked the bike up. We had a couple days. He has been through a hard time with cancer from agent orange. Lost a kidney over it, a tumor on the brain and one in the ribs. Been a real fight for him. When I was just a few miles from home he called as he was just at the hospital a few days before. There was no sign of any tumors, I was just elated and in tears for him. Amazing, hope it stays away from him. Went down across Iowa into Nebraska to spend a couple days and then across to Kalispell Mt and had a visit with a fellow I hadn't seen in 20yrs, was great, then back home from there. Now to head for Alaska for a few days or weeks, will see how it goes, then will drive my car back down back down. figure I will can up a few cases to bring down with me.
    Sthrnromr, Ken, jeepster09 and 8 others like this.

pics or it's just a campfire story.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

P1000684.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    pics or it's just a campfire story.
    Here you go Joe,
    Sthrnromr, white mule and joeband like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Owning 2 TWs I would gladly make the same trade. Think I need to follow Plumb around to see if I can get a deal like this.
    Me and my white mule

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    P1000684.JPG

Here you go Joe,
    You traded a tw200 for that!?

Quote Originally Posted by patroy View Post
    You traded a tw200 for that!?
    Yes, was that stupid of me or what?? I do need to put a clutch in it, but that is an easy thing to do, parts are on the way. I still have a TW to chase you folks in the back country so beware, I am still out there.
    Sthrnromr, littletommy and Mel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    P1000684.JPG

Here you go Joe,
    that's super clean looking plumb, and a nice plum color too.
    congrats!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Now you take good care of my baby....i'm in the middle of jeepsterizing the TW. I post pics when it's done, fixing stuff and changing it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken and plumbstraight like this.
    "Life Member NRA"

I am headed for Alaska Monday evening. Will look forard to getting that clutch in and doing some nice fall riding. Enjoy that TW, was good to me, and I am sure you will have a great time with it. Hopefully you can join us in Moab or some ride we can get together again.

Sponosred Links