Triumph Motorcycles?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Triumph Motorcycles?

Triumph Motorcycles?

Stopped by Fun Cycles in Lake Land,Florida this past weekend and fell in love with the Triumph Scrambler. As I know some of you here have or had the new style iron what do you think of them?

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    I have a 2013 Bonneville. I bought it in 2015 with 168 miles on it. It is a scrambler with 7/8 bars, normal exhaust, 7 inch headlight, and street tires. Bike is bulletproof with nickel-dime cost of ownership. I am not a fan of cruisers. Having a 30 inch inseam limits my choices on standards. The seat height is roughly 30 inches give or take. 865cc is a great displacement. What some people consider a con, I consider a pro.

The core of the bike is nothing but miles of smiles. Much of the oem stuff is rubbish/garbage. You shocks are junk. Your seat is in need of greatdayforaride.com. (Call Spencer). Your mirrors are silly. Your taillight assembly is plastic junk. Your headlight is anemic. Get heated grips. Stiffen up the front forks. The faux carb tops are already rusted even if your bike is not built yet. Get a set of handlebar risers.

A Bonneville/Scrambler is a great bike to the extent the aftermarket lets you build a stupendous bike. Worth every dime.

I have a Scrambler. I love it. I am a Trimph guy at heart. I have had a Bonneville, Thruxton, Street Triple R and a Tiger. Only one I kept and prob will always keep is my blue and white Scrambler. Any specific questions let me know.

27ba275442b2bea0d53be85b4dbc5d29.jpg
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I absolutely love them...but they are to heavy for me to handle....I actually considered buying one to just park it in my living room.....as a piece of art....

As the other commenters have said, you can't go wrong with a Triumph. I absolutely loved my '12 Bonneville and the 865cc parallel twin. I regret selling it but after a couple of close calls on it, I took a road riding hiatus. The TW200 got me back on the road...

T1.jpg

I would be all over a current Scrambler like white on rice. And not really my style but I have to admit the new Rocket's are pretty bad*$$!
    Sthrnromr likes this.

They also had a Thruxton TFC. I'd say one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen. I'm very glad I did not sit on it as the wife may have not liked the fact that our Jeep may have been the trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    They also had a Thruxton TFC.
    I'd love to cross paths with one of those - stunning bike. I'm a sucker for most of the Triumph line-up.

Triumph, BSA or Norton. I loved all of them. I've had 4 Nortons and always wanted a Triumph. I really liked the yesteryear "Tiger" and "Trident". But, try and touch any one of those now, even in moderate condition, and it's BIG BUCKS!
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

When i was 15 I had a Honda S65 and my friend and riding partner had a Triumph 200 Mountain Cub. I loved that bike and dreamed of one day owning a bike that big! Our TW's are more or less a modern day interpretation of that bike.
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

Good looking bikes...even when broken down on the side of the road in middle of Nowhere, Nevada. (They are British after all). dead triumph 2.jpg

This poor fellow's pride and joy blew up some 2700 miles into his move from Connecticut to Oregon. When calling him a tow truck I confused the operator when telling her i didn't know name of nearest cross street but it would be about 23 miles to the east at outskirts of the nearest town. dead triumph.jpg

Of course I stopped to help...code of the west, and we motorcyclists are a superior breed after all.
    So maybe the Triumph isn't the best for those 3,500 mile commutes.
    CJ7Pilot likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links