Hawk 250
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bartruff
  • 1 Post By Apolloha

Thread: Hawk 250

Smile Hawk 250

I just bought one of these. It has everything I really want in a bike: street legal, trail capable, carbureted, kick start and electric start, cheap and common parts, 80 mpg, and it's under $1500 brand new including shipping to your doorstep.

https://amzn.to/2ThxwDk

I've had mine for a couple of days now and so far, I love it. It has a lot of the attributes of my TW, minus the fat tires. These bikes have been around with a few different names for at least 15 years. A guy who goes by the name "hugemoth" on ADV and some other forums has one with well over 50,000 miles on it, and says it is the most reliable bike he has ever owned. His is a Lifan, but the Hawk is currently the most common iteration.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Most excellent...if I was in the market I would definitely consider a Chinese bike.... there are dealers in Washington State including Wenatchee....
    Last edited by bartruff; 08-07-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    WECSOG likes this.

My other bike is a china bike. Apollo 250. Great engine. Great frame. When you go out from the frame the quality goes down. Not bad. You can just tell where they cut cost. I ride it like its stole and park it like its rented. I have to work on it a lot. But that's because I ride it over its intention. Still the motor is awesome. Put a pumper carb on and really woke it up.

I am one NOT for fuel injection. If I am in the backside of nowhere, i aleast want a chance at fixing it. I intentionally looked for: air cooled, carburetor bikes. Less stuff to break.
    WECSOG likes this.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Same here. Kick starter, carb, air cooled, AC CDI (so it can run without a battery), etc. I also like the fact that you can actually turn off the lights, unlike almost all other street legal bikes since the early '70s.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Sponosred Links