Yamaha announces new electric motorcycles, scooters and more in huge EV push
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Yamaha announces new electric motorcycles, scooters and more in huge EV push

Yamaha announces new electric motorcycles, scooters and more in huge EV push

That trials bike looks like a really fun way to bust your ass.

https://electrek.co/2019/10/10/yamah...oters-e-bikes/

They need to give the mountain bike a sound card that sounds like the old 2-stroke YZ's.
    jeepster09 likes this.

Electric is still "meh" for me. I hope this changes in the future with newer tech, but for right now, still...meh
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

All other aspects aside, electric is brilliant for linear power delivery and gobs of torque. For me, it's rare I ride even the TW (my most ridden bike) more than 100-120mi in a stretch, so an electric bike wouldn't be totally out of place for my habits. Got passed by a Zero the other day while I was in the Taco, dude accelerated like he was being launched out of a slingshot.

Oh I agree it has the potential to be great. Torque and acceleration are no match. Think Tesla ludicrous mode. Just far too many brands coming and going, lack of standards, range and recharge intervals, batteries with extreme hot and cold, etc. I want a capacitor I can charge and go 500 miles lol.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

A few weeks ago came across two electric mountain bikes descending from some 11,600 ft peaks back to their base camp ~ another 10 miles away. Riders said they were fun while the charge lasted, but heavy pigs once batteries became depleted. Both bike and riders were pretty well out of juice. Maybe dropping another $4k to $5k on a true electric off-road motorcycle, plus some way to re-charge it out in the field, might return a more satisfying and gasoline competitive experience. Standardized modular battery packs from competitive vendors would also help.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

My next bike will be electric. Cant justify the expense of a Zero right now. I like the Sur Ron a lot! That Yami would be great if it will do 60mph and cost around $3k
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

I'd never own one as a dual sport for one reason. That bend you're coming around with someone or some animal in the road that may or may not only hear the sound of the tires on the pavement. I've almost walked in front of the d*&^ electric cars in the fog crossing the highway to my mailbox because at the last second that is all I heard was tire noise. It would only be quieter on motorcycle tires.
    2013 TW200 "Timba Wattla"
    2013 DRZ400S
    1999 Bombardier 500 Traxter

The Trials bike " does " have a clutch ( and lever ) ! Contrary to the write up . There are other mfg. that don't

I've been a " Trials Guy " since 1973 and been witness to the evolution of the Sport and followed the development of the E- bikes . They're pretty cool but the price point and range is the biggest concern/s .
    Scott

Headed to China at the end of the month to visit family. I will do a bunch of electric scooter riding while there. This will be my first experience but I am really looking forward to it. The Yamaha Trials bike looks great to me.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links