Has anyone ridden a Husqvarna Svartpilen 401?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joecabinetti
  • 1 Post By Joecabinetti

Thread: Has anyone ridden a Husqvarna Svartpilen 401?

Has anyone ridden a Husqvarna Svartpilen 401?

This looks like it might be a pretty cool bike for the backroad riding that I do. Has anyone ever tried one? What are your thoughts?
    littletommy likes this.

I saw one cruising near my work the other day. That's all I've got for you, LOL. It's not really for me.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I know what you mean. I think maybe they missed the boat a little in the styling department with the goofy looking tank and the crazy three piece rear fender. The massive disc brakes and 400 cc Husqvarna motor really appeal to me though. It looks like it might be better on back roads than off roads. Sometime I would like to look at one up close.

I test rode one recently and loved the seating position and motor. Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

It's definitely a back roads explorer/carver that can handle some gravel. I would not be doing any OHV trails or single track with it. But it's not intended for that.

As you've noted, prices have dropped significantly with more drops on leftovers coming with the 2020 updates. You can beat the Pittsburgh price FWIW.

I would be on one if the Husqvarna dealer wasn't 80+ miles away. My past experience with KTM tells me I want a dealer somewhat convenient. I did tell my wife we need to move somewhere with a KTM dealer before the 390 Adventure drops...

I ended up with my first choice, a WR250R, after many test rides on the other 250s, a few DRZs and the Svartpilen.

Sponosred Links