TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Name this MOD

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Mukluk 
#1 ·
Before;
Flute

After;
Flute Frula Woodwind instrument Bansuri

See less See more
#4 ·
Suspension work yes

I installed a bit of suspension stuff this weekend.

First I did the Red rear spring
I then put in a 13 tooth front sprocket
I then took the forks apart and drilled out the compression dampening holes to 1/4" diameter and added two more 1/4" holes per the race tech instructions. I installed the Gold Valve Emulators using the yellow spring at 4 turns preload. I used 20 weight fork oil instead of the 10 weight that came with the Pro Cycle kit. I then put in the .70kgmm fork springs. WOW! The little TW feels like a big boys bike now! This set up controls my 300 pounds just perfect. My buddy weighs 205 and bottoms his stock suspension. He likes the control of my setup but states it's a little stiff. He is going with;
White shock spring
.60kgmm fork springs
Blue spring on emulator at 2 turns preload
15 weight fork oil....

I love this mod!

#5 ·
As a rule of thumb, a good suspension uses 1/3 of travel with static load of combined bike/rider. With roughly 6" travel front and rear we shoot for 2" of sag. I'm 300 pounds naked, so 315-320 gearEd up.
With the red rear spring I am at 2" of sag....perfect!
With the .70kgmm fork springs, I'm at 1.5" sag....good enough!

Now I'm going to spend a few rides dialing in the emulator for a good mix of fast Forrest roads mixed with technical woods trails. I may end up going with 15 weight fork oil, but 10 gave way too little rebound dampening.

#10 ·
Worked on the forks this morning....
Replaced the 20 weight oil with 10 weight. Swapped out the yellow emulator springs with the blue ones at 3-1/4 turns preload. I also drilled out the 3rd low speed compression dampening hole. Set level at 135mm. Forks are not so stiff now, still don't bottom but much more plush! Getting it set up for the Bucky DS ride in a few weeks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.