Electronic Speedometer
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is my third ride using the Trail Tech 'Vector' electronic speedometer/information center. I have been supportive of using Bicycle type units as I found them inexpensive and easy to adapt. As my modding has continued, I have found my handlebar riddle with more gadgets than I really had room for. Of course I wanted to know my speed and mileage, but then thought it would be nice to know the time, then the outside temp, then the oil temp, then my rpm's. Well as you can imagine, it was out of control. The Vector is a well made unit, easy to install, operate and read. On todays ride I was able to quickly move my eyes to one location and view speed, miles traveled, time of day and temperature of engine oil. For $130, I am very pleased.

jvt
    If you like it why not buy the same. It looks like a good unit.

Just kiddin but I think I would need some kind of training if I went to ride your bike.

Jim

[Now it seems the most difficult part to riding my bike is figuring out how get on. Since I have gone to the solo seat and moved my 'trunk' forward, getting my right leg to the other side of the bike requires a bit of Yoga, ballet, and a spring-board.

Thanks for the posting advice Jim. Can now get more features and less hassle. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good to know, I've had one kicking around here for a few months, will probably fit it on the weekend. Do you have a disc or drum bike?

Quote Originally Posted by PJungnitsch View Post
    Good to know, I've had one kicking around here for a few months, will probably fit it on the weekend. Do you have a disc or drum bike?

Mine is a disc (2006) but the magnet/mount should be pretty straight forward either way. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

I've used the Vapors on several bikes for a lot of years, I see no reason why the other Trailtechs would be any less a worthwhile investment. . Go the extra mile and hardwire yours to eliminate some of the (IMO) mickey-mouse-but-installer-friendly methods provided with the kits and you'll love it even more.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I've never used one but have always thought Trail Tech made a nice product. We bought a new Honda Quad last winter and installing a Vapor and an hour meter were first on my "To-Do" list. Unfortunately because of how the handlebars are arranged on that quad there was no sano way to install a Vapor on that quad however an hour meter was on it within a day of it arriving at my house.

--Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

The GPS should have your speed . That thing looks like an airliner and I would also need groundschool to ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimV View Post
    If you like it why not buy the same. It looks like a good unit.

Just kiddin but I think I would need some kind of training if I went to ride your bike.

Jim

Ha ha ha, I felt that too.

Need another manual before sitting the saddle of his bike !!!

I finally got mine fitted a month or so ago. Like my speedo high so added it to the top of my round headlight bucket, with the advantage I could leave the beatup stocker on initially.

The speedo sensor that comes in the TW200 kit is their ATV fitting, made to fit a bracket on a quad. No bracket comes with it, so...

Got it to work with an extra bracket I had laying around from an old topbox, but don't really like it. The top is secured by the reflector bolt but the bottom is only held by a zip-tie. Vapor makes some really nice fork mount sensors that would seem to make for a much cleaner install, at least for a drum brake bike like this with no caliper to bolt stuff to.

Magnet OTOH was easy, just epoxied their supplied small magnet on top of a spoke hole:

A fair bit of clearance but it seems to pickup well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links