Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sp_cache
  • 1 Post By JaeStinson
  • 1 Post By JaeStinson
  • 1 Post By JaeStinson

Thread: Recent Mods for TW200

Recent Mods for TW200

Some of the recent mods I have added to the bike in the last month. I bought the ebay hand-guards, I wish they were bigger but they do their job. I really like the carbon fiber look. I put maddog seat cover on. Installed volt meter, 12v All weather power supply and handlebar mount for Garmin GPS, battery tender pigtail. Mounted a set of Rigid Duallys on the Front forks where the reflectors were. At some point I would like to build a bracket. I need to install a marine switch for the lights somewhere, I've just got the switch wedged for now. I still need to do a true night time picture. They are bright as hell! I bought the bag supports from cycleracks. Going to try out some close-out saddle bags for now. I'm ready for some back country trail riding!

Attachment 7068IMG_4005.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fsteiner and Texas TDub like this.
    '73 CT-90
    '14 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear rack, Jimbo shield, Gmax dual sport helmet

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Man those mods look great! Very similar to mine! Rt down to the gps.
    Last edited by JaeStinson; 06-07-2014 at 06:03 PM.

My oregon 450 gps is wired to the batt with a batt tender cradle, and the sae to USB adapter. My wire is tucked behind my fairing when not in use. I also use extreme Velcro to attach a batt pack to the hand guard so that the gps doesn't require an action when the bike loses power.
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JaeStinson View Post
    My oregon 450 gps is wired to the batt with a batt tender cradle, and the sae to USB adapter. My wire is tucked behind my fairing when not in use. I also use extreme Velcro to attach a batt pack to the hand guard so that the gps doesn't require an action when the bike loses power.
    Nice setup and pics. Is that a ram mount for your GPS? I like that alot better than mine. I bought mine off of ebay.(cheapy) Yea I thought about using the tender cable for power but had already bought the plug. I'm thinking extreme velcro or double sided tape for the Rigid light switch. I kinda thought I would run them and see if they work, if not I will put them on my pickup.
    Last edited by sp_cache; 06-07-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    '73 CT-90
    '14 TW200

Yes it is a ram mount and I LOVE it! Mainly because of the dual rubber balls working to eliminate vibration, and that I can do a quick rotate of the screen for better views with the TFT sunlight readable display. I attached a stainless steel broom handle clamp set to my action packer that I have found insanely useful for axes, metal detectors, fishing poles, and yard tools.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Fred likes this.

of course it says RAM on picture when I look at it up close. I've used those mounts on other equipment. They are good mounts, I think I will order one for Oregon 400t, It would be better than almost rubbing tank. I will say I've never seen a blue shield up close but it is growing on me. Nice pics thanks for sharing.
    '73 CT-90
    '14 TW200

image.jpg
    I love the blue shield too, but I like the smoke on yours because of all of the yammy blue on the 14's. 2006, 2007, and 2014 are my favorite color years. I was going to buy a 14 new, but found mine as a certified used from a yamaha dealer with 100 miles on it. Not a scratch on it, and just had a carb clean, oil change, and a 20 point inspection prior to sale. With a warranty, so I couldn't go wrong for half the money!
    joeband likes this.

Sponosred Links