Did the Gary L front fender lift.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Did the Gary L front fender lift.

Did the Gary L front fender lift.

I went to Ace Hardware today and picked up 4 nylon 1 inch spacers at .49 cents each and 4x 6mm x 45mm bolts .79 cents each, I went with the nylon spacers I think it looks good.
    Thanks Gary for your write up. 10452519_10202995721486070_900096573_o.jpg one inch lift. 20140423_175621 (1).jpg before lift. 10432326_10202995722686100_1105972083_n.jpg click to supersize!
    stephenmarklay likes this.

You may find that 1 inch was too much when you bottom out the front end. I think you can get away with 3/4 but not 1 inch. Please let us know. I've read 1 inch was too much and it still hits. Try springs instead of the nylon spacers. The springs will give and rebound back, the spacer may break the fender.
    Last edited by littletommy; 06-07-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    ZDR1, williamemack and Fred like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    I have always liked the look of a low mounted front fender. So glad Gary came up with a way to keep the low fender and still have enough clearance. Good cheap mod. Atta boy Gary.
    Last edited by williamemack; 06-08-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The raising of the front fender goes way back in the forum. It wasn't Gary who came up with it.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...w-springs.html
    Last edited by littletommy; 06-07-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

If I bottom out I will put it back to stock as I never find mud in the desert and I plan on putting the
    .70kgmm

40% Stiffer then stock springs soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    You may find that 1 inch was too much when you bottom out the front end. I think you can get away with 3/4 but not 1 inch. Please let us know. I've read 1 inch was too much and it still hit. Try springs instead of the nylon spacers. The springs will give and rebound back, the spacer may break the fender.
    Last edited by ZDR1; 06-07-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    You may find that 1 inch was too much when you bottom out the front end. I think you can get away with 3/4 but not 1 inch. Please let us know. I've read 1 inch was too much and it still hits. Try springs instead of the nylon spacers. The springs will give and rebound back, the spacer may break the fender.
    You are right Tommy. I bottomed out with 3/4" solid spacers and that is why I switched to springs.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...-mounting.html
    ZDR1 and littletommy like this.

I remember your post B. I had put it on my list of things to do, but ended up with the high fender kit. Great thinking though.
    ZDR1 likes this.

What bolt lenth did you use 45mm or 40mm? and where did you get the springs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    You are right Tommy. I bottomed out with 3/4" solid spacers and that is why I switched to springs.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...-mounting.html

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    If I bottom out I will put it back to stock as I never find mud in the desert
    I used to say that I could never find mud in the Nevada desert. But I managed.

mud.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    What bolt lenth did you use 45mm or 40mm? and where did you get the springs.
    I used 40mm bolts. I found the original springs I used at a surplus store in Minneapolis. I more recently found the ones pictured below at Ace Hardware.

100_4240.JPG
    ZDR1 and Fred like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links