Suspension Upgrades?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Suspension Upgrades?

Suspension Upgrades?

I just bought a 2012 TW and I am new to the bike...not all bikes but the TW is a great mystery to me. Anyway, I do not like the suspension feel--a little too soft; I am 210 lbs. in riding gear and a day pack. I noticed that ProCycle carries upgrade front and rear kits. Does anybody have suggestions or experience with this project?
    Thank you.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    New to the forum, welcome. The stickies and the search bar will reveal to you all that you seek. Happy riding.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

I'm 180lbs, and have the .60kgmm front springs, and the 15kgmm rear spring on a banshee shock. I like them both very much. Can still sometimes bottom out the front when riding offroad, but with the stock springs I could bottom the front out just braking hard on the street.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

For the rear add a banshee shock ($80)with a rider weight customized spring ($114)from racetech, this will make youre ride super awesome. Gives about 8 or 9 inches of travel, and adds a shade of ride height.

For the front youre best bet is to go with different forks if you really want to add performance. I and a few other people have forks from a TRI Z 250 three wheeler with 9.4 inches of travel. A 3/4 or 1 inch spacer firms up the springs to where they need to be. These are 35mm and require different triples. I think some other people have used the stock triple with other forks.

Thank you for the info fellas…I think this will be my upgrade starting point.

the irony... one of the people best able to help you with these upgrades..... yep wait for it..... mr gizmow.

karma eh?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ok I'll be the voice of reason.
    The question was asked prior to the comment.
    CBRO should not have made the comment. Regardless of the amount of posts everyone should try to keep negative comments out of the forum. Refusing to help is only adding to the butt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Padilen View Post
    Ok I'll be the voice of reason.
    The question was asked prior to the comment.
    CBRO should not have made the comment. Regardless of the amount of posts everyone should try to keep negative comments out of the forum. Refusing to help is only adding to the butt hurt.
    i agree. i really wasn't trying to pile on, but i did find it ironic that this was the original post, and in fact one of mr gizmo's big mods were in fact suspension.

the nature of the internet is that subtly is can be easily lost. he might have meant his prior comments as simply as "isn't for me, but i can appreciate all your hard work." i've said that many times about hollow mods.
    Padilen likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

rbm
    Funny, he had me at "I get it", meaning he understands why it looks like it does... I can't disagree, it is not the best looking bike I have ever seen but all of the mods that add up to the way it looks are VERY practical and appreciated by those of us that enjoy the same riding style. We would call it beautiful!

MrGizmo's TW may be ugly in the eyes of some. POS it is not !! The mods are functional and reliable and make it a better machine. I recently had the pleasure of being led around the Northern Sierras by Gerry and his TW hope to ride with him again. TW or XT, it don't matter. He is a hoot.

Joemama
    Dryden-Tdub and joeband like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links