Dual Sport tires?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dual Sport tires?

Dual Sport tires?

I put a Shinco tire on the front but but have been thinking of putting Dual Sport tires (bridgestone-tw204-trail-wing-dual-sport-rear-tire that look like street tires with deep groves) on front and rear. They look like they'd be good for paved and dirt roads but worthless in mud. I'm planning on staying on some kind of road or path and hope they would be quite and give better traction in the rain. What do you think? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dabsdog View Post
    I put a Shinco tire on the front but but have been thinking of putting Dual Sport tires (bridgestone-tw204-trail-wing-dual-sport-rear-tire that look like street tires with deep groves) on front and rear. They look like they'd be good for paved and dirt roads but worthless in mud. I'm planning on staying on some kind of road or path and hope they would be quite and give better traction in the rain. What do you think? Thanks.
    I would think that you are on the right track. With proper inflation they should be superior in every regard on pavement "wet or dry". On solid base two tracks, aired down a bit they should hold a line just fine. Speed will be your enemy off pavement with them though so you would want to take it easy off road. My 2 cents worth.

Tom

It's been said many times here. STAY OFF the WET GRASS with those tires. For just gravel road riding you will be fine. Just watch the corners and the wet grassy/leafy spots. Someone that uses those tire could give a little more inf.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I use them front and rear on the road and I am very pleased with them. They have dropped the vibration level dramatically especially at highway speed. I am not fortunate to have any off road areas near me within riding distance, but I can attest to a great hard surface experience with these tires.
    Journey before destination.
    -Brandon Sanderson

Thanks Tom,
    I see you're on the other side of two lakes from me and are familiar with the terrain. I ride on the South end of Seneca and will turn around if things get too deep or steep.
    Matt

Thanks for that "Wet Grass" reminder, 5 mph and dropped like a rock.
    Fred likes this.

Wet clay on top of frozen ground (lot of that around here in the Spring) is similar to wet grass and oiled teflon

Oiled Teflon!! ha ha LOL
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks Tom,
    I see you're on the other side of two lakes from me and are familiar with the terrain. I ride on the South end of Seneca and will turn around if things get too deep or steep.
    Matt
    I have already been riding my TW all over Watkins Glen and Montour falls. Do you ever ride near Cayuta? There are a lot of great seasonal roads just east of there!

Tom

I belonged to the Schuyler county MC club (35 years ago) and put on National and International Trials events in Cayuta and Montour Falls. Haven't rode a dirt bike in about 20 years and the TW brings back fond memories. Those old logging trails are still there there from 100 years ago. The Schuyler County MC put on National Enduros in the old days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links