***TW200 Crash Bar****
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: ***TW200 Crash Bar****

Lightbulb ***#TW200 Crash Bar****

In preparation for my upcoming (all dirt) trip across Michigan's Upper Peninsula (1000 mi) I had a set of crash bars fabricated for my bike, I take way too much pride in my scratch free t-dub. I am not a newbie to dirt/sand and therefore know that the bike will be on its side numerous times through this excursion, it would be foolish to expect otherwise when sand is one of your primary surfaces. I have searched relentlessly for crash bars for a dub, with no luck, so I'm posting this to show that it can be done quite easily. I paid 75 dollars for my crash bar setup, which I thought was a steal, especially in comparison to all the money I've spent farkling thus far! I tested my crash bar by setting my bike on its side in each direction, and it kept the tank, and the entire mid section of the bike off the ground, only the rear blinkers were touching, and just barely. I hope if any other members have pondered a set of crash bars that this will come in handy! Happy riding! Be safe!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by JaeStinson; 08-26-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    morrison, admiral, Padilen and 4 others like this.

outstanding. I live/ride in michigan as well. Many scary moments in the sand almost going down. I too take pride in my well used but shiny and mostly scratch free t-dub.

DSCN3792.JPG
    Last edited by dganey; 08-26-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    JaeStinson likes this.

Saweeeeeet! I would love to have something like that. I'm sure many of us would be willing to shovel out a few dollars for such a product (hint, hint).
    JaeStinson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Very good idea and application.

Been thinking of such a thing myself. I even took a crash bar off one of my son's street bike to mock it up like your's, just haven't got that far. Now with your's, my brain is a think'in. Course I have other TW problems right now, so crash bars will have to wait.

Thanks for posting this!
    JaeStinson likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Glad you guys like it!!!! I know it makes me worry a little less about sliding that pretty tank along the ground. I would be happy to ask my fabricator to make a couple. The only possible problem would be that a tab was welded to the frame just above the vin tag, and also that my bike has the immix racing skid, which he used to attach it to, on the lower mount.

So how much for crash bar, Tab welded on and that skid plate.

For legal purposes call them brush guards .
    JaeStinson and 1 Bad dog like this.

Padilen $75.00 for brush guard. 100.00 for skid, but he would need the skid put on first. So he has the exact dimensions to attach it to.I believe that the immix skid (mine) and the ricochet skid are the same, or close enough. I will speak with him this evening about it, and get back to ya. We could work something out since you're not too far away.

Thanks but I wanted for all to have all the info. But I have been thinking about a skid plate change. If your guy can weld aluminum he could make the skids to.
    JaeStinson likes this.

Gotcha. I'm sure he could. Lemme know if u want me to look into anything for ya, or if u have any dimension questions as I know you're extremely handy.

nice! I think someone on this forum was talking about highway pegs. looks like could possibly attach some folding pegs to your nice crash bar set up.
    Fred and JaeStinson like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links