Alarm Your TW with the Scorpio SR-I 900
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Alarm Your TW with the Scorpio SR-I 900

Alarm Your TW with the Scorpio SR-I 900

image.jpgimage.jpg

All one has to do is watch Youtube videos on how easy it is to Steal a Motorcycle. It will make the hair stand up on the back of your head. I need peace of mind so I did some homework on the available alarms. I chose the Scorpio SR-I 900 with the optional Perimeter Sensor. Don't buy the optional factory connector kit. The supplied connectors work perfect and make for a clean install. See in the top left of picture one. The 4 connectors connecting to signals tail and ground. They recommend that the antenna to be installed straight up. I brought the single wire antenna down into the tool compartment secured it with duct tape right where the antenna leads starts off from the wire. They want you to keep the antenna away from metal so I secured it to the harness with green tie wraps. See picture one right side.
    Picture two shows how well the system fits under the seat. Inside the plastic bag is the Optional Perimeter Sensor. I put it in the plastic bag because it's not water proof. Secure it under the rubber battery strap. There is a sensitivity adjustment start out with it in the factory setting. I increased the sensitivity on the original install. I made it too sensitive and dialed it back today.
    After originally installing the system I thought it was broke. You have to leave the remote 10 feet away from the bike for it to alarm. They do this because the default setting is to stay armed. When your within 10 feet of the system it detects the remote and won't sound. Nice feature.
    The coolest feature of this system is the system will page you within half of a mile to the remote. It will buzz and chirp.
    The Perimeter alarm works great. If you get up on the bike it will chirp. Stay to long and the alarm will sound.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 08-30-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    littletommy likes this.

I went to Dicks today. Shopped around for about an hour even left my pack on the back. Complete peace of mind.
    littletommy likes this.

Yeah, these bikes can be gone in just a few seconds, couple beefy guys like me, pitch it in the back of the truck and gone, 15 seconds. Then they end up over in Idaho (ha ha Admiral) on some guy's farm and it never get's seen or registered again. I use a Gorilla alarm with remote pager on mine (and it is loud and a real screamer), along with a bully lock and a heavy duty chain and lock if I have to park it away from the house for any extended period of time.
    admiral likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Yeah, these bikes can be gone in just a few seconds, couple beefy guys like me, pitch it in the back of the truck and gone, 15 seconds. Then they end up over in Idaho (ha ha Admiral) on some guy's farm and it never get's seen or registered again. I use a Gorilla alarm with remote pager on mine (and it is loud and a real screamer), along with a bully lock and a heavy duty chain and lock if I have to park it away from the house for any extended period of time.
    I also keep a cable in my pack. Nothing worst then having something Jacked. I was wondering about the Gorilla alarm. Sounds like that is an excellent alarm as well.
    littletommy likes this.

Update on alarm. If I leave the perimeter sensor on after 4 days it drains my battery. I've had some problems with my battery. I will up date after I install a new battery
    littletommy likes this.

Like the Gorilla alarm, I assume they are built to draw only a little off the battery. It must be your battery. Let us know what you find. I always arm mine and it can sit out in the garage for quite a while with no problems starting right up.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

can the perimeter alarm be disabled, if the bike is kept in a garage where it may not be needed, to save on the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    can the perimeter alarm be disabled, if the bike is kept in a garage where it may not be needed, to save on the battery?
    Yes it can very easy. It's a feature that can be turned on and off. I turned off the automatic alarming function so I could turn it on and off as needed.
    littletommy likes this.

Is the perimeter radius adjustable? You mentioned 10' which seems sort of big, seeing as though it would ready for someone just strolling by to set it off.

Easy not ready....(dang swype)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links