How Do You Carry Water On Your Bike?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How Do You Carry Water On Your Bike?

How Do You Carry Water On Your Bike?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

One thing I have found when riding is my thirst. Can't seem to get enough water. I looked around in all my stuff and found my solutions. My son had bought me a Range Bag and in it was this cup holder. I mounted on the front of my bike. It's perfect! It's mounted and works like it was custom made for my bike. The draw string keeps my water bottled secure even on rough trails. It has a rubberized mesh bottom and the holes were large enough to run a tie wrap to secure it to the blinker.
    I found that my canteen also works well. I added a couple tie wraps to ensure that it stays put. The canteen holder secures my stove, cup and in the side pockets secure the Trioxane fire starters. One day I am going to stop on the trail and make a cup of instant Starbucks coffee.
    B-dub and r80rt like this.

Attachment 9416

One more view

Nice I have that very same pack made by Rothco in Multi Cam. I have never bought a Hydration bladder. I may have to add one of them to my endless stash of stuff. I like the idea of Ice. I currently keep my pack packed with anything I may need when away from home. I never leave home without it when traveling more then one day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The hydration packs are great and handy. Considering I am not in the greatest shape for riding, I tend to add a couple emergen C's to help keep me filled with nutrients. Emergen-C does have Vitamin C, a good B Complex, Potassium and some of the electrolytes so it's a healthier alternative to Gatorade/Powerade and the extra B Vitamins can help with energy among other things. Bananas don't agree with me anymore so it's a great substitution.

I am guilty of drinking the Rockstars...but for a ride Emergen C's work well.

Being a tall guy (6'3) I still like to ride on tank and with my legs being bent most of the ride they tend to want to cramp at the end and you can't eat a banana riding down a rocky road with a full face helmet...
    Last edited by joedirt1970; 09-02-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    r80rt likes this.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
    We are spiritual Beings having a brief earthly experience. Only the body that allows us to sustain life on this planet dies. Your right play hard and enjoy your visit. Deep Huh

I have a smaller size Osprey pack that has storage space too. it holds a 2 liter Nalgene bladder that has a stiff backing so it doesn't squish all over. Then I have the assault pack part of the large Marine pack, good size for day trips or maybe 2 day and it will hold a 2 liter bladder
    2005 Tdub

image.jpg

I have used SteriPen for a few years now. It's small light weight solution that has always worked well for me in all the water sources that I pull from. I also keep a handkerchief handy to filter debris, should I ever need it. I'm sure everyone has their personal preference Kadadyn, MSR, Berkey, Sawyer. For me it's having something on hand. My SeriPen always travels with me.
    r80rt likes this.

+1 for the hydration pack. The real benefit to me is that I can drink while riding...you don't need to take the helmet off.

Get a life straw. They are about 22 dollars online, filters something like 5000 liters of water before needing to be replaced, has a life of 3-5 years once it is used once, and it lets you drink from any water source safely. I have two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links