hollow mods
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Reelsretreat
  • 2 Post By Reelsretreat
  • 1 Post By littletommy

Thread: hollow mods

hollow mods

I did a hollow mod on my 2011 tdub. After installing a pod filter and an aftermarket pipe, I took it to the local Yamaha shop for a rejet and a valve adjustment. The mechanic decided the carb only needed an adjustment and not a rejet. I rode to work today and almost immediately experienced problems. At mid to high speed the engine was missing. When I let off the throttle and then re accelerate it misses badly. What experiences have you other hollow mod guys had. I figured a certified mechanic would do a better job than I would and therefore trusted them. I'm taking it back in tomorrow, but am already being told that it could be my modifications that are causing the problem as the bike wasn't designed to run with these mods. I'm thinking that any mods you can do can be adjusted for as I have been a long time Harley rider and all the mods I made to those bikes could be regulated so that they ran smoothly.

I take it that he didn't even road test your bike after working on it. That's a shame and not a good sign at all of a good mechanic or dealership (stealership).

They wouldn't sell aftermarket parts for our bikes if they didn't work. It's not the mod's. It's a dealership and/or mechanic who doesn't know what he is doing. I think the carb needs work in the pilot jet, main and needle valve/shims.

Hopefully many more folks will comment and you can take these comments to the dealer for him to read.

*Your dealer/mechanic took the easy/lazy way out. Don't let them get away with it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks littletommy, I've been preparing for a fight tomorrow and was hoping for replies like yours to use as ammo.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You are welcome. Hopefully more will post us some info for you.

Anyone?

Let's help this new member!
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I havent got as far with my dub but I agree with littletommy, there are literally thousands of TWs on this planet running pods and after-market pipes, they therefore would appear to 100% be able to be regulated for.
    Goodluck and keep us posted.
    Finally picked up a Tdub...

So, what did they say Reelsretreat?

Demand they fix it right, at NO charge. Sounds to me, like they didn't test ride, or maybe just putt around parking lot. I was a wrench at MC stealerships most my adult life. They F'ed UP, period....!!
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

So life got in the way. Had to put kid in private school, which meant moving and downsizing. Needless to say, bike took back seat. Finally dropped off at local mom and pop shop today. Hopefully back and running at full speed in a week or so. Little Tommy, ever heard of Carry The Load? I served in the Marines '87-'91, and this was my first year doing Carry The Load. It was amazing. Will be doing it from now until I can't walk anymore.
    littletommy and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Either you mean long hikes with full gear and being yelled at by the Sargent...pant pant sweat sweat... or you mean the walk that honors our heroes that we honor on Memorial day... And that is a long walk!!
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Sponosred Links