Hold The Phone
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hold The Phone

Hold The Phone

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Another thing that works well for me the Seal Line water proof phone holder. I only use my phone for google Maps while exploring. One of the complaints I see on reviews is that phones get hot in enclosed cases. I don't seal it so it ventilated. When not in use it tucks out of the way. I installed a 12 volt waterproof outlet that I picked up at Wal Mart. I drilled 4 small holes and 2 tie wraps and it made for a clean install. I put one just like it on my 1993 4 wheeler back in 1993 and it still like new.
    And then there's the wife worried one day when she couldn't get a hold of me. So I put the App Find My Phone on our iPad. Now she can watch me ride around. <smile>
    Fred likes this.

Cool setup. My phone is not that fancy, but I do like the glasses holder. I might have to do that one.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by mmclaughlin View Post
    Cool setup. My phone is not that fancy, but I do like the glasses holder. I might have to do that one.

Matthew
    They are the Wileyx comes with interchangeable lenses. Clear and Tint. They have the sponge seal to keep debris out. A friend of mine at the gun shop sold them to for $65
    Last edited by TopPredator; 09-03-2014 at 11:33 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

When riding on trails with puddles, don't bother with the charging cable for the phone as having the case open invites water. I water damaged my iphone that way

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    When riding on trails with puddles, don't bother with the charging cable for the phone as having the case open invites water. I water damaged my iphone that way
    I always put the charger away when it's raining. I close the seal on the case if it's raining. I have also use the ear buds and just listened to the turn by turn putting my phone in my vest. It's not that often when I need the map

If you use an I Phone there is a great solution. Life proof makes a water proof case for it and has a handle bar mounting bracket that locks it in very secure. The charge cable can be plugged in but that does open the water seal so you should un plug in wet conditions.

Funny thing here is I have the phone, water proof case and the mounting bracket and could not be bothered even taking a phone when I get on the bike because they are pretty useless with no cell signal in the mountains.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I looked at all those handlebar mounts. I like this keep it simple solution. I ride in Maryland and West Virginia. Fortunately AT & T has me covered now in all the areas that I travel. It wasn't always like that, just wait there will be a cell phone tower coming to a mountain near you.

This may be my next attempt at mounting my phone on the bike. I purchased the great shield clip grip bike mount from Amazon. It only lasted about 2 months. Have you tried osmand? Its not quite as nice as google maps, but you can download a few states worth of maps, and don't need to use a data connection.

I ride my TW when I am tired of talking on the phone. I take it but is turned off and in my backpack. Just sayin'.

Here is the accessory plug I got after looking at many. It's a really nice piece, got some weight to it, not cheap made. Got it in only 4 days from Hong Kong.... It's pretty much waterproof. It comes with tight fitting rubber boots that really attach in a way were no water can get in. It's very good quality for the price. It's MUCH nicer than I expected when I got it in my hands. Well worth getting. I reccomend it 100%....

Read the description. If sold, then look at buyers other items in profile, they have many.
    Motor Bikes Scooter 12V Easy Mount Waterproof Cap for Apple LG Samsung HTC Phone | eBay
    Last edited by Werloc; 09-04-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links