Oh My Goodness !!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oh My Goodness !!

Oh My Goodness !!

Worked on the TW most of the day today. Installed HD springs f&r from ProCycle . Also installed their rear rack. Put on 2" Rox Risers. Installed my Jimbo shield. Checked the valve adj. Pulled the plug from the carb, adjusted the air screw and put 2 washers under the needle. Runs and rides like a completely different bike. Thanks to all who have posted helpful info on here. Time to ride!!
    Prime likes this.

Amen my friend !

Yep, Must get HD springs for mine too. I bottom out all damn day....
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Sounds like a nice day in the garage to me! I agree, the springs are probably the single mod I have the most benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Sounds like a nice day in the garage to me! I agree, the springs are probably the single mod I have the most benefit from.
    Yeah, doing both front and rear is kinda pricey though right? I just glanced at the springs on ProCycle site. Is there anywhere else that's cheaper, or maybe springs from a different bike that works that I can get used on ebay? Always looking for other options. Yeah, right now, I'm 270lbs, but loosing. Even at best, I'll be around 225ish, so I'm in need of stiffer heavy duty springs. I tend to ride hard. Instead of braking, I'll gas it when coming up to ruts, holes, whoops, etc. I cased it bad last week, bending left foot peg mount.....
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

rbm
    I think it was around $225 to $250 for springs and oil from Procycle, well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    I think it was around $225 to $250 for springs and oil from Procycle, well worth it.
    Ok, yep, just looked. I looked at the fork kit for $290 last time, which I don't want. I have plenty fork oil in different weights. Just wondering (if you don't mind), what you weigh, and what fork springs did you go with, 20% or 40% stiffer? I know what rear spring to get, and most likely going with 40% up front for me.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

How is the install on the rear spring? I'd like to attempt it, but I read the instructions and it seems like some specialty tools are needed. Also, several admonishments to "avoid crushing your fingers".... Sounds like something I'd do. Anyone make a write up DIY guide on this?
    -Travis
    1989 TW200 project. 1991 TW(SOLD)
    2018 Beta 300RR, 2017 FZ-07, 86 BW80 (and more)
    Jeep Wrangler- moto recovery vehicle

I weigh 250 pounds so I went with the 40% stiffer springs. The fronts are no problem to do . I used the spacers that came from Procycle and 10 wt. fork oil. I took the rear shock off and took it to a local repair shop to get the spring changed. For $20 it was not worth getting hurt. They work great!!!! I could not believe the difference. It was awesome off road. It raised the seat about 3/4 to 1". The Rox risers made it very easy to stand up but the suspension made it so I didn't have to. The Jimbo shield worked pretty good. I really like having the rack on the rear. Very handy. The carb adjustments got rid of the surging and throttle response was a little better also. Had a great ride this morning. Went about 100 miles 50/50 pavement and dirt. Managed 79.97 mpg. Very exciting!!

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    Ok, yep, just looked. I looked at the fork kit for $290 last time, which I don't want. I have plenty fork oil in different weights. Just wondering (if you don't mind), what you weigh, and what fork springs did you go with, 20% or 40% stiffer? I know what rear spring to get, and most likely going with 40% up front for me.
    I'm 225 all day long and I went with the 20% stiffer springs and I'm glad I did. I think the 40% would bee too much unless you're over 300#. You're more than welcome to come up and try them, I have plenty of riding area behind the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links