Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Roninboise
  • 1 Post By nunya

Thread: Header pipe guard.

Header pipe guard.

-tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

Do pipes get damaged that often to warrant something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    It's more for looks than anything else.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Back in the mid-1970's a friend and I were riding up in the South Hills south of Twin Falls Idaho and I ended up with a hole in the own pipe of my IT400 Yamaha. We were hauling ass on a twisty Forest Service road that goes to Rogerson. I was about 50 feet ahead of him and power sliding the corners. Going around a big left hander I looked in the mirror to see him gaining on me a little. When I looked back forward, there was this flash of a full grown range Herford cow trying to beat me to the other side of the road(must of thought it was a chicken). I hit it behind the left front shoulder and I am sure I was going 55-65 mph. It was a diagonal hit and slammed my hip up against it's back hip. Down I went; my buddy was so close that he could not avoid the wreck, his foot peg hit my down pipe hard enough to knock a big hole in it. He flew a considerable distant without the aid of having a bike under him. Neither of us broke any body parts but were hurt bad enough that both of us decided that if we did not repeat this event, we could just live with it. My right leg turned black from my hip to my toes. When the dust cleared, all that remained of the cow was a little piece of hide on my triple clamps and cow shit everywhere.

Of course, my bike was a two stroke and a hole in the down pipe messes up the carburation so I got pulled back to our rig by my buddy. The horror of it all being towed by a Bultaco.

Just the week before we had been riding up in the same area and another buddy got torpedoed by a big calf. He was going down a steep two track when this little bastard busted out of the brush right into his front wheel and he and the calf rolled end over end down the hill. Through the dust cloud we could see an appendage of rider, calf and bike on occasion. At the time, I found this occurrence quite humorous but found my cow collision much less so. Ever since these two events I have given cows much more respect and leeway.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise
    Last edited by Roninboise; 11-13-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Funny story, but far off the beaten path to my original question......nice no one was seriously hurt.

Funny story, but far off the beaten path to my original question......nice no one was seriously hurt.
    What kind of riding do you do? And it's only 35 bucks.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tcepilot View Post
    What kind of riding do you do? And it's only 35 bucks.
    as of right now, 80/20 pave/off, though next year, i have to move and expect i won't be any where near any trails, so it'll be converted more into a street ride...even where I am now, I don't have to worry about moo cows, but plenty of deer that just stand there in the middle of the road staring at you wondering why you are driving on their paved trail....

as of right now, 80/20 pave/off, though next year, i have to move and expect i won't be any where near any trails, so it'll be converted more into a street ride...even where I am now, I don't have to worry about moo cows, but plenty of deer that just stand there in the middle of the road staring at you wondering why you are driving on their paved trail....
    Being mostly street I doubt you have anything to worry about. There is the unlikely event that a rock could fly up and hit it hard enough to do damage though. But that's out there. So for you it would just be for looks.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tcepilot View Post
    Being mostly street I doubt you have anything to worry about. There is the unlikely event that a rock could fly up and hit it hard enough to do damage though. But that's out there. So for you it would just be for looks.
    Just me sitting on the bike makes the bike look good.....that's all anyone can handle!!
    tcepilot likes this.

Sponosred Links