WINTER TDUB PROJECT EFX Moto MTC ATV 26/9/14 for rear tire ??
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WINTER TDUB PROJECT EFX Moto MTC ATV 26/9/14 for rear tire ??

WINTER TDUB PROJECT EFX Moto MTC ATV 26/9/14 for rear tire ??

Hi all.. winter project is about to begin... Any input or thoughts would be highly appreciated

This is what i had in Mind --- 10 / 90 type riding

1 ATV rear --- Duro,, Big horn 2,, or ** EFX Moto https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...toMTC-ATV-Tire

2 Front --- Kenda 110/90/18

3 55 tooth rear Sprocket with a 3 " over Swing arm

4 1100 yamaha rear shock Mod

5 Moto Cross high front fender Mod

6 350 tank Mod / Seat Mod and Recover

7 DG exhaust + re-jet

8 Last But not least,,,, All plastics and tank Hydro Dipped Winter Cammo {350.oo for the Dip and i will Spray the Mat Clear Myself.. I also Paint}

Any thoughts on the EFX Moto rear tire ???? I am a Fabricator by trade so Swing Arm and Any welding / Fab work is all in house....

I picked up a 2000 with 1120 miles on it for $1000.oo . So thought i would spend a little more time and $ to fix Her Up
    Last edited by maxairmike; 11-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    Fred and Smitty Blackstone like this.

You are going to have a pretty nice little bike when you are done Mike. Welcome to the forum bro! Keep us updated with pics please of your work! We love that kind of stuff around here.
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Those all sound like excellent modifications. I do not recall anyone using the EFX tire but it should work. If it's diameter approximates a Duro's then the 55 tooth rear sprocket should bring gearing back closer to stock. If you plan to ride extreme , steep or rough slow speed terrain then perhaps a 13 tooth front sprocket, or a rear 60 tooth might better achieve full potential of your good plan. Expect fuel milage to decrease significantly.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have done your homework and have a well thought out plan for your bike.

I would second Fred's suggestion about going even larger on the rear sprocket. I am now running a 65 tooth and love it for offroad riding. That EFX Moto tire sure looks gnarly (and pricey!). Be careful and lets us know how it goes on.

What part of the country are you in?

Looking forward to some before, during and after pics of your build,

Brian

Thanks all.. i might kick down 1 tooth to 13 after i get done and ride a bit.. One tooth down on the front is = to 3 up in the rear if i remember right.. That would put me at 58 rear.. All i really need is 50/55 mph on our country asphalt roads to keep up with all the other Riders.. Most of them are 250/ 350.. They have never seen a Tdub so she is going to really impress them for a little 200.. Hit second gear an pull a wheelie a ways always has anyway. Haaaa
    If i end up doing the EFX rear it will kinda make a statement... Tote Goat on Steroids Yo,, Brian i live in the Chelan / Lake Wenatchee area in Washington State.. Just Google { Lake Chelan, Lake Wenatchee } and Check the area out !!!! Peace Out for Now. Mike

Hi all.... TW-Brian ... Just a glimpse of my back Yard

https://www.google.com/search?q=lake...w&ved=0CEIQsAQ

Stehekin « Lake Chelan

About The Area « Lake Chelan

I can Ride this entire area from my back Yard.. Lived all over the world in my life time.. The Pacific North West Has It All ,,, for me Anyway..... I play in the Dirt / on the Water / on the Asphalt / and Snowmobile in the Winter
    Last edited by maxairmike; 11-22-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Lake Chelan area has some great riding for your monster build. I rode over Dead Horse Pass once via endless miles of singletrack to arrive at a remote lake where the fish were biting on virtually every cast hitting on a old SuperDooper lure. Steep terrain in the surrounding mtns should be a blast on Your TW. Brian's 65 toother seemed capable of lofting front wheel over roots and rocks when he let me try it. The narrower kenda tire will help keep the front end light to wow your riding buddies with your proposed gearing.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Looks like a great area to live in Mike!

Sweet Fred , u have been in the area so u know what i am saying.. The Little , light Tdub is the Ticket for around here... Don't need the Hp of the Bigger Bikes... Its all about Finesse and balance.. Almost to the point of Trials Riding.. Witch i like too,,, but with out a seat,, cant go too far. I sold mine and that's where the Tdub project came about..

Sounds like you are building the perfect machine. Please share pics eventually. Could you ferry your bike to Stehekin and ride up the Stehekin River Road or is it private? I just zodiac'ed there once and dreamed of the dirt bike potential up the river valley. Lake Chelan is one unique long fjord-like beautiful place, I envy you.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links