TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Werloc

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ZDR1 
#1 ·
Bob, When you replaced your rear spring you used ratchet straps to compress the spring? I was looking for the thread I don't want to buy the tool for a one time deal.

#3 ·
I know how to do it so I just ordered this from Rocky mountain
Tusk Shock Spring Compressor

Part # 1493410001

Mfg. # 149-341-0001
$34.99 free shipping right now.

#4 ·
This is the tool I ordered and how to change the spring.

#6 ·
I am putting on a 33% stiffer one for better rear traction and handling so I do not bolt off a cliff in Moab.

Reactions: TopPredator
#9 ·
Hey Z, yeah, that tool is a decent one for the money. I had a set of those (or close to it) long time ago. Nothin like havin the right tool for the job...;) My "rig" was sketchy, risky, and not safe. You have the tool ordered, so do it right with the tool. Don't take the risk. You may end up using it more than once while you figure out which one of the 3 settings for the preload clip works best for you. I think I changed it 3 or 4 times to get it where I liked it. I was 270lbs at the time, and for me, the center groove was best. I was pressed for time, or I would had taken it to my buddy's dealership.

#10 ·
Rocky Mountain is fast I ordered the spring tool on the 17th and got it today and ordered the spring from PC on the 15th still waiting. The tool looks to be very good Quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.