Wop's TW
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wop's TW

Wop's TW

Hey everyone i love the TW200 and plan to do many modifications over the years to come. Instead of making a bunch of different threads im going to post here and keep it in one spot. Is that cool with this forum's policy?

I bought this bike from the classified section here. What a killer bike with sooooooo much character!!! I dig the camo theme. Previous owner was super cool and im fully honored to keep this bike running and alive.

Mods so far:
    LED accent lights. (i dont have pics yet)
    Put a foam filter back in it, oiled with Maxima FFT

Took the bike camping over New Years and here are some pics.

Outstanding, your bike looks good. RC cars in the sand are a blast, nice combo.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

You do realize that the stock front tire can not be ridden in sand, don't you?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looks fun. Not to far away is an OHV sand dune play area. I've ridden to it one time. Started riding in what looked like "firm sand". I learned on that short outing not to stop much. TW didn't have the power to drag itself or my fat butt out from a dead stop. I've learned out to ride in sand much better since that outing. Think I'll go back this summer and test my skills out again. And instead of and RC vehicle, I'll take my wife on the ATV so she can pull me out. You just got to know I ain't gonna be that good in that deep sand, but it keep call my name!
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Perseverance is how we learn, admiral. In formal education circles it is called "time on task" and is the third most important foundation of learning, after "home environment" and "classroom environment". The reason kids are so stupid today is school hours are misdirected from academics to other activities such as "character building" and "social skills", both of which are rooted in "home environment" and are frustrating to attempt to instill in the "classroom environment", but there will always be a regiment of leftists nutcases who were too wasted to remember any psychological theories beyond basic skinnerisms who will squeak about "remediation" of the lack of "character building" and "social skills" from failed "home environments." Cover your wallet and run like hell.

TWs do fine in sand. Use ALL your throttle and RPM, and she'll go. Don't be shy. Powershift. Keep weight well back so the front tire runs on top of the sand. If the front tire plows in to the sand nasty things happen to track and trail and the bike becomes unstable. As speed picks up, the tires will hydroplane on sand. You'll feel the back end bounce up when it happens. This is what you want as the gyroscopic effect of heavy wheels and tires becomes a substantial stabilizing force, and track and trail will be same as street. Sand eats power, so keep the rpm up and throttle open. Plan your lines so you never have to slow down or your tires will fall off plane and you'll be plowing again.

admiral and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Looks like Wopachop has the sand situation well under control. Plan to keep future posts tied to this thread sounds good to me, I look forward to more updates. Certainly a pic or video of either RC car or TW sailing off a sandy ridge would not be scorned by us action craving TW fans either.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

wopachop, are you from South Florida? Went to high school with a couple boys who called themselves wopachop and chopawop. One's mother was sister to the other's father, and the other's mother was sister to the one's father. Nothing kinky when you marry your best friends little sister, and your best friend marries your little sister. One mother and uncle was Italian, the other Chinese. Hence, considering the delightful sense of humor an Italian/Chinese marriage in Florida generates, the boys chose their knicknames. God have mercy if anyone threw the "inappropriate" card at them for not taking their bloodlines seriously. Ever see an assistant principal trying to escape the wrath of a pissed off Chinese woman and a pissed off Italian woman tag team? The boys and younger sisters snickering in the background never helped.

As far as one thread for your bike - that's what I did and I didn't ask. Hello - best years? Is mine.
    Is your bike missing the skid plate?

I do like the camo colors tastefully done in color block. Not seen that before.

What I want to know is, what's the kickstand sitting on?

Playing with an RC in the dunes has got to be a blast.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links