Handle bar suggestions
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Handle bar suggestions

Handle bar suggestions

This weekend I rode my son's KLR 250 on an 80 mile forest road ride. The biggest difference that I noticed, besides no magic button, is the handle bars. They set higher and are without as much vibration as the TW. I am interested in hearing what others are using on your TW in the way of after market handle bars. Thanks

Joemama

i've got the pro-taper hi-atv bars, i really like the higher bend. i used to have a problem with vibration, but now i don't notice it, not sure why.
    that's a much taller bike compared to the tw, how's that work on your knees?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I like riding it, don't like starting it. If it had estart I would lower it and ride it more. I really should sell it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

..yes..
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

rbm
    How much higher are these than the stock bars?

A couple inches. Just right, and no need for longer cables. If you like the way the stock bars feel, you can just go with 2 inch risers. (cheaper, accomplishing the same thing)
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I have 15mm Tusk risers on mine which are perfect for me. I've been looking at bar specs a LOT the passed week, as I plan to order new bars this week. My issue with the stock TW bars are the sweep/pullback bend. They hurt my wrists. I've always used Factory Suzuki/KTM bend on all my bikes. More straight, with less pullback or sweep to them. That's what I need. I'm torn between the Renthal and Protaper. The ATV bars are not good for me as they have way to much sweep. There are 5 different measurements on bars to figure about, which all effect each other. So it gets confusing if you need something specific like I do. I'm making a mockup set to try them before I order. It sucks that no one local has bars I can feel in my hands. I've had Renthal 7/8" aluminum bars in the passed, and gotta say, they are stronger than steel bars as far as bending when ya go down hard. Also have a nice flex to them. I would think Protapers are the same.
    Last edited by Werloc; 01-13-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I've got a set of 30mm risers and like the height , but would also like less sweep back on the grips, I'm guessing the factory bars are about 85deg. sweep ? Does anybody know for sure ? My quads always had totally straight bars and felt better on the worn ,cracked, patched up bones in my left wrist.

You mean 85mm back from straight? Not degrees. The bars would be like 12 to 20 degrees maybe less. I wish they measured in degrees.

Yeah, I have no idea what they are. You like the same as me then. It get's confusing cuz if you compare bars with a wider clamp area, the amount is different, so there is no way to compare the different bars, because the pivot point is different. So, the angle, again, can't be compared. I wish they gave you the amount in degrees of twist, not sweep. At least it would be consistant between bars. Rise is like Sweep, but from the down to up direction. That also makes a difference in the angle of your wrist. The only way do find what you need is to hold them and feel. Back in the day, we had every bend Renthal made in stock so customers could feel them. But since the internet, no one stocks anything anymore. So It's hit or miss, and just have to wing it.
    Last edited by Werloc; 01-13-2015 at 08:14 AM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links