Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By joedirt1970
  • 3 Post By arbolmano
  • 1 Post By joedirt1970
  • 1 Post By joedirt1970
  • 1 Post By Mel

Thread: Moving--How to make it easy

Moving--How to make it easy

Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time I am moving again for the second time in 11 months, but this time I am moving back home to San Diego. I am using a 10' van so this is what I built. Maybe it will give someone some ideas for a future move. And yes, I will be securing it in the box van as well.

I don't have a trailer so I just made a simple stand. Here are some pics.
    The tire chock was $12, bolts $4 and 2 2.4's. About $20 total.

Fred, ZDR1 and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

That should do the trick!

I am sorry to see you go Brock, but I understand the reasons. Unfortunately we only got to go on one short ride while you were here, and we never got to fix your leaking base gasket. Good news is that you will be in the land of Ronnydog, Jimbo and other Tdubbers in SoCal.

I hope you can make it to Mel's ride in June,

Brian

Hey that looks like a smart rig. If your bike was heavier and/or moving was looking like a habit
    might consider steel, I have no faith in wood. Harbor Frieght has a roll-on self locking stand
    with outriggers that I use on my lift and trailer. Moving is such a drag. I learned myself a new trick for loading
    heavy momos into trucks the other day. Sold an old Airhead BMW, too heavy to push up a ramp
    so I loaded it backwards onto my lift, jacked 'er up an rolled it onto the truck. Easiest load
    I ever had short of mopeds. Purchaser had a lift at home. We both thought we was geniuses.
    I reckon a true genius would have thought of that earlier seeing as I have had the lift for years.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Where in San Diego bro?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Moving back to Encinitas...where I grew up.
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Well, welcome home then!
    I wish I was back in Cali!
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Yes, this is where I want to be. I have lived in Las Vegas, Phoenix (Mesa), N Ca and Encinitas is where my heart, soul, friends, family and playground (Ocean) are. My face craves the sunshine, my skin craves the salty air and my soul craves the waves. Expensive yes...very. But once you are there, there are many things I can do for free minus the brutal heat of the deserts. I have 3 surfboards, 3 wetsuits and my TW. So, I am ready to rock and roll.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Hidden Content

Sounds fun! I have guns and friends waiting for me to move back to TX this year

Mel
    Joedirt1970,
    Don't forget, I am on the way through in San Luis Obispo, so if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to give me a call. If nothing else maybe a lunch when you are on the road.
    805-441-0691
    Mel
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Joedirt1970,
    Don't forget, I am on the way through in San Luis Obispo, so if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to give me a call. If nothing else maybe a lunch when you are on the road.
    805-441-0691
    Mel
    Lunch on Mel??!! Just say...

On The Way!!

Sponosred Links