Does TW share a frame with any other model Yamaha ?
Close

Does TW share a frame with any other model Yamaha ?

Just wonder if any other Yamaha uses the exact frame as the TW200. Don't be a smart ass and say TW125 or TW225.
    Ride it Like you Stole it!

I believe this question has been asked before. I don't think so.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Think about the engine and what we know about the TW. The drive sprocket and shaft are much longer and this requires a carrier bearing in the outer side case. This allows the chain to be in line with the rear sprocket on the much wider rear tire which is mounted in a much wider rear swing arm. As a consequence the frame must be wider than any other Yamaha model at the point where the swing arm and counter shaft sprocket allow the chain to align with the rear sprocket.

There are a few threads here from guys who have tried to mount and adapt an XT225 or 250 motor in a TW frame. I am not sure how this has worked out but for sure they had to machine a longer counter shaft and most likely used the side cover from a TW 200 engine with the outer bearing just to move the front sprocket out far enough to line up with the wider rear wheel and sprocket.

As with any of these highly technical modifications, where there is a will there is a way but you better have a mighty fine fabrication shop at your disposal and in the end I am not sure the gain is worth the work it would take. If the reason you are asking is to get a titled frame then best to search for a real TW frame.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links