And finally, with the headlight cowl on. The top of the aluminum plate doesn't line up with the cowl, though it's not obvious in the photo. That's because my headlight bracket is bent out of whack and I haven't gotten it completely straight yet.
One thing not pictured are the half-inch spacers I put below the aluminum dash between it and the headlight bracket, to make up for the thickness difference between my new dash and the old plastic one.
I left space below the voltmeter in case I want to put more warning lights there in the future, though with the TW's microscopic stator, I don't really foresee that happening.
Next up will be to figure out why my turn signals still don't flash, and how to wire up the Vapor dash lights to do separate left/right turn signal indicators. I may have to dig into my DR650's wiring to remember how I did it.
Oh and I have a really weird new wiring issue.. I'll post only because it's amusing. I fired up the bike to admire the new Vapor display. I put it in gear to just to move it forward a little and stop it, to see if I got the front brake adjusted right. Well, when I let the clutch out, the voltmeter and Vapor backlight go out. When I pull the clutch in all the way, it comes back in. You can hear the relay clicking when I do that. It's funny because I grounded it to the frame, not to the clutch safety switch (which isn't even connected). Weird. Oh well, I'll figure it out.