"Barney-B-Gone"
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: "Barney-B-Gone"

"Barney-B-Gone"

This subject line almost sounds like it could have been a song on Side B of the Chuck Berry record Johnny-B-Goode! But oh how I date myself digressing to 45 records!

OK, so a few months back I bought a 91 TW ostensibly for my future Daughter-In-Law to learn to ride. This bike was intended for her as I have always ridden elime’s (Tony) Parts Bike known affectionately as T2.

As you may recall it was rather purple, although with my eyesight I just thought it was an odd shade of blue!

285cropsm.jpg

So fearing an uncomplimentary nick name may follow this bike, related to its unique purple color, a change was in order. Thanks to some parts from several forum members, I have completed the transformation (see subject line to get the drift!),. And the one person who went on record affectionately calling it “The Barney” will no longer have fodder for making jest! (No I won’t mention his name evan).

Joeband was quick to point out the purple overtones of the bike. But like all good school teachers, Joe also knew the correct answer! He just so happened to have an extra XT225 tank and shrouds in white with blue and black decals that would go nicely with the white plastic of my 91. A deal was struck and although I was happy, poor old (yes pun intended) Joemama who also had interest in the tank came up short by about 150 miles!

The tank did have some dent's on one side that looked like they could be made less conspicuous. So with the help of a cheapo Dent Removal kit, I made the one side presentable.
    238sm.jpg237sm.jpg261sm.jpg

Also thanks go to elime who supplied me with a number of parts including a swing arm, brake perch, chain guard, and more.

So enough of the story telling and on with the current pictures! (In next post.)
    TW-Brian, elime and evan like this.
    Big D
    The Parts Bike Rider (PBR)

Oops! I didn't realize number of picture limitations per post. So here are the others.......

350sm.jpg

383sm.jpg

375sm1.jpg

363sm1.jpg
    Last edited by WS23; 03-02-2015 at 09:45 PM.
    TW-Brian, joeband, elime and 3 others like this.
    Big D

That "really" looks nice with that tank sir......................... OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The XT225 tank and shroud really good on a TW. The .5 gallon of extra fuel is just a bonus. I don't think that I could ever go with a 225 tank because it would take away its fuglyness.
    WS23, joeband and TWilight like this.

barney looks real spiff with that new tank, nice job sir! did tony hook you up with some of his fancy "new tread" tires? i know how much you liked those.

can't wait until your daughter-in-law lets you ride him....
    Last edited by joeband; 03-02-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    WS23 likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Cool, now it looks just like mine..... I'm trying to find a blue seat cover too. I don't like my black one. Anyone want to trade?

wolfy likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I've got this stock one......and I'd like a black one instead. I'm thinking about changing the fork-tube covers to black, too.

Mel
    WS23
    Why don't you plan on showing up at Santa Margarita KOA June 12, and show that off to everybody in person?
    Mel
    Joemama likes this.

Hi Mel. I did attend last years event riding elime's Parts Bike. It was a great event, besides the nice people, your cooking was also a big hit! I will discuss with elime about the possibility of us attending this years event. (He has the trailer, tow car, Parts Bike, and driving skills. I am just the passenger and tag-along.)
    Big D

Nice job!! looks very nice and by keeping that seat color Barney lives on.......
    WS23 likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links