Clark tank color
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Clark tank color

Clark tank color

Is natural better than colored or what is your opinion? Also is the tank worth it . I seem to be forever at the gas station even though I average 80 mpg .

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
    2015 CSC RX3, TW200 2013 (for sale), 2011 Ural Gobi, 1995 GL1500SE (for sale)

Bridgton, maine, I commute to Conway nh daily year round on bikes but come spring I just love the tw . Oh by the way we Westerners have the mountains remember. I have been looking at the natural tank xt350 tank I would like to double my distance.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

image.jpg

Clarke XT350 in "Natural". I am very happy with my choice and it was an easy install, thanks to the instructions on the Forum. I think you will be happy with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

thanks HKLBRY

do you have any closer pics, looks good from that distance. Whats your average range on a tank?
    Scratch that I was able to blow up the view at work Thanks
    Last edited by keithmaine; 03-09-2015 at 08:58 AM.

a clarke tank is def worth it...no need to top off your tank or worry about rust scales when you winterize...plus the extra capacity...i went white so it still matched the bike and i don't mind opening the tank to check the level (but natural is nice to be able to see the tank level)...i wish they made all the colors with a stripe of natural down the seat side so you could see the fuel level...plus some guys give you a hard time when it comes to getting an inspection sticker...i also didn't bother putting the side covers back on...the plastic clarke tank gas caps suck, mine cracked, get an aluminum one (more info about the gas cap and photos of my bike in thread below)...
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...html#post74465
    Last edited by Point37; 03-09-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    Cornelis likes this.

^^^good info right there...i'd def opt for the aluminum cap in this case

plus some guys give you a hard time when it comes to getting an inspection sticker
    wow plastic is plastic you would thing color vs natural would not matter. I like natural or black since eventually the bike with end up with some custom camo or OD green paint.
    I have got into the habit of setting trip meter at fuel fill ups since most of my bikes have not had fuel gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
    wow plastic is plastic you would thing color vs natural would not matter. I like natural or black since eventually the bike with end up with some custom camo or OD green paint.
    I have got into the habit of setting trip meter at fuel fill ups since most of my bikes have not had fuel gauges.
    the white tank makes it look more oem...there isn't a tank material requirement in the inspection laws in MA anymore but i have had a couple guys say something like "i'll let the plastic tank slide"...i say gee thanks cause i don't want to make them look like jackasses and have them reject me for some other bs thing...my old supermoto came street legal from the factory and had a plastic tank...some guys don't update their minds often

540 cmr 4.06 MA motorcycle inspection requirements...
    540 CMR: Registry of Motor Vehicles
    Fred likes this.

I haven't "officially" checked my mpg.

I buy my Ethanol Free fuel in a 5 gallon fuel can when I fill up my truck, fuel at home, and have not taken the time to measure the amount of fuel I put in.

I have heard that stickers do not adhere well over time on theses tanks, I am not sure how paint will hold up on them, someone else may have an input on that.

I will not paint the tank just the other plastics eventually. The natural will color coordinate with OD green, desert tan, or some other Maine camo scheme. I don't color coordinate my cloths but my bikes, that is different.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links