Xt350 sprocket compatibility
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Xt350 sprocket compatibility

Xt350 sprocket compatibility

Hey there, just wondering if anyone else has had success using a sprocket intended for an xt350? the bolt pattern appears the same for the tw200..

I'm trying to source a large back sprocket to pair with my 15t front sprocket in canada. sites only list a few basic options for the tw200 so I gotta look outside the box

JT Sprockets Steel Rear Sprocket - Sprockets - Drive - Parts - - Canada's Motorcycle
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R
    2004 Ford Ranger FXR Lvl II

Couldn't get your link to work. So to compare models, I went to Rocky Mountain ATV/MC website for a 50T rear sprocket (JT) for a 2005 TW and 2000 XT350. The 50T had the exact same part number for both motorcycles. With this I'd say the bolt patterns must match.
    Fred, TWilight and ejfranz like this.

excellent. sorry for the broken link.

This opens up a lot more options!
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

right on, that confirms my suspicion

I've done alot of searching around, and the 55 seems to be the largest sprocket I can drum up without much difficulty or detriment to my wallet. Unfortunate too, since a 15/59 would be optimal..

I even went as far as contacting jt sprockets asking for a quote on a 59t and they denied my request
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

Custom made sprockets. Any size, any material, but they cost.

On the home page it says "Sidewinder steel sprockets $19.99". That seems to cheap to be true. I typed in Yamaha, TW200, 60 tooth, 428 chain, and it stayed at $19.99. A 60 tooth steel sprocket for $20 seems a steal ( a pun!) . I wonder what the catch is ?

Sprocket | Chain | Motorcycles Sprocket | ATV Sprocket
    Last edited by elime; 03-11-2015 at 06:41 AM.
    admiral likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

In my opinion, you seam to be going though a lot of trouble all for a 15 counter sprocket which will not do as much as you think in saving wear on your chain. Your way over thinking this. "Maybe" get a few hundred extra miles out of a quality O or X Ring chain that will last over 10k miles if taken care of. Very little to no gain. There are no issues with staying with the stock 14 tooth. I'm just sayin, do as you wish though. Just tryin to save ya money and greef. Plus, you'll need a longer chain, so that will cost more. Miles per money spent, you'll end up loosing. Nit picking wear? How about the added stress to the counter shaft bearings and seals due to bigger front sprocket having extra leverage adding stress to it. Where there are gains, there are losses. Pick the less of 2 evils. Don't think it halfway.

If you must, plenty of larger rear TW sprockets on Amazon and ebay. Very good prices too....
    Last edited by Werloc; 03-11-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    In my opinion, you seam to be going though a lot of trouble all for a 15 counter sprocket which will not do as much as you think in saving wear on your chain. Your way over thinking this. "Maybe" get a few hundred extra miles out of a quality O or X Ring chain that will last over 10k miles if taken care of. Very little to no gain. There are no issues with staying with the stock 14 tooth. I'm just sayin, do as you wish though. Just tryin to save ya money and greef. Plus, you'll need a longer chain, so that will cost more. Miles per money spent, you'll end up loosing. Nit picking wear? How about the added stress to the counter shaft bearings and seals due to bigger front sprocket having extra leverage adding stress to it. Where there are gains, there are losses. Pick the less of 2 evils. Don't think it halfway.

If you must, plenty of larger rear TW sprockets on Amazon and ebay. Very good prices too....
    I agree with you Werloc. At the moment I am not in need of a chain, sprockets or anything new.. The bike has 3000km on it. I am trying to source replacement parts before I move out of town. I like the D.I.D. chain and am interested in getting more low end torque, so either way I'm going to end up with a new chain and sprockets soon. It has been a mission to find a bigger back sprocket.. And the gains may be negligible, but if it wasn't so hard to find it would be a great option. That being said, a chian and sprocket is easier to replace than a countershaft seal. I appreciate that word of wisdom.

The older I get the more I realize that some things just can't be had, and time can almost always be spent in a better way (like riding the motorcycle instead of reading about it)

a 14/55 will most likely be my end result, but it's been fun learning about the subject of chain wear in my quest for larger sprockets.
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

What size rear do you really want? I have ways to find stuff sometimes, maybe I can help if your not able to find what your looking for.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

59 tooth would be best
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

Ok, I "think" I've seen some around that. I'll look around for ya.
    Drapes likes this.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links