New bike soft bags.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New bike soft bags.

New bike soft bags.

toma55, Gsmith2030 and littletommy like this.

Thank you for the link. Are you satisfied with the weight of the material and quality? How about the brackets? Send a picture if you can. Thank you!
    littletommy likes this.

Ha! I guess I didn't pay any attention to the posting date. I usually just browse the Active Topics area.
    Jon62602, littletommy and Fred like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I like!

Too bad there aren't bags for the Wee-Strom.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I like!

Too bad there aren't bags for the Wee-Strom.
    You should be able to throw just about anything over a Vee or a Wee. The mufflers don't get real hot; they are insulated pretty well. Here is a link for some accessories that are available. He lives in my town. His name is Dan; he is a friend of mine. Tell him Tommy sent you...

http://vsari.com/index.php?topic=601.0
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Versa-Packs ? Back Pack/ Saddle Bag - Model VP-100 - Clearance Item | petandhorse.com Can't believe these are still on clearance for under $20!! I bought mine over a year ago and they are still serving me well after 3k miles. Have to get creative to mount them but they work awesome. I have a cyclerack with the saddle bag supports.
    littletommy likes this.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    You should be able to throw just about anything over a Vee or a Wee. The mufflers don't get real hot; they are insulated pretty well. Here is a link for some accessories that are available. He lives in my town. His name is Dan; he is a friend of mine. Tell him Tommy sent you...

http://vsari.com/index.php?topic=601.0

Harder than it looks.

I got some Wally World generic saddlebags off Craigslist, from someone who bought them, kept them around and then decided he didn't want them. $20. The reason, I figured out, that he didn't like them was that the cheap zippers are balky. Big-time. But, lubing with a bar of soap helps some.

They don't have mounting frames; they're supposed to sit high enough that frames aren't necessary. And on the muffler side, that's true. The shield kept the side of the bag cool enough - although the side of the bag scratched up the brushed finish.

It's the OTHER side that's a problem. It really takes some cinching up to keep it high enough to stay out of the wheel. I had to use cam-lock straps, since the generic plastic snaps weren't strong enough. And I had to put Gorrilla Tape on the painted surface to protect it.

It got me through a road trip...but I no like. Those bags work better as Zero luggage, frankly...I'm looking for something better.
    littletommy likes this.

Harder than it looks.

I got some Wally World generic saddlebags off Craigslist, from someone who bought them, kept them around and then decided he didn't want them. $20. The reason, I figured out, that he didn't like them was that the cheap zippers are balky. Big-time. But, lubing with a bar of soap helps some.

They don't have mounting frames; they're supposed to sit high enough that frames aren't necessary. And on the muffler side, that's true. The shield kept the side of the bag cool enough - although the side of the bag scratched up the brushed finish.

It's the OTHER side that's a problem. It really takes some cinching up to keep it high enough to stay out of the wheel. I had to use cam-lock straps, since the generic plastic snaps weren't strong enough. And I had to put Gorrilla Tape on the painted surface to protect it.

It got me through a road trip...but I no like. Those bags work better as Zero luggage, frankly...I'm looking for something better.
    He does make the bracket to protect the side without the muffler. I have mufflers on both sides so don't need the bracket. He makes a couple nice items. I have highway pegs and rear passenger rest from Dan and love them. He has great prices and is a real nice guy to.
    Reddog likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    He does make the bracket to protect the side without the muffler. I have mufflers on both sides so don't need the bracket. He makes a couple nice items. I have highway pegs and rear passenger rest from Dan and love them. He has great prices and is a real nice guy to.
    Can you put up a pic, and measurements? I talked to a local welder...the price he gave me for a rack, from stock tubing, would have been several hundred dollars.

If it's close to the right size I can fabricate a mount with flat-iron from the hardware store. Simple metal butchery I can do; but I can't bend and weld tubing.

Can you put up a pic, and measurements? I talked to a local welder...the price he gave me for a rack, from stock tubing, would have been several hundred dollars.

If it's close to the right size I can fabricate a mount with flat-iron from the hardware store. Simple metal butchery I can do; but I can't bend and weld tubing.
    http://vsari.com/index.php?topic=601.0 Can you view these pics and prices?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links