TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Throttle problem

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Kalifornistan 
#1 ·
I'm sure there's an obvious solution, but I pulled off the stock bars to replace them with the ProTaper SE bars but I can't seem to get the throttle to function correctly. I've tried relaxing the cable adjustment, but they still seem to short without re routing the cables.
The question is, can the stock cables be used and/or do they need to come out from behind the steering head?

Thanks

#2 ·
Yes, reroute them bro. Then they will fit fine. Let us know how you like those bars. I have some and really like them.

Reactions: Kalifornistan
#4 ·
I was actually able to put some risers on too. I got another inch and three eighths, but not a bit more. I still wish they were just a little bit higher.... :rolleyes:

#5 · (Edited)
I got the high ATV bars

Width: 32.00" / 813mm
Rise: 6.30" / 160mm
Pullback: 3.94" / 100mm

Going to have to get er' done this Sunday, so I'll have something to ride with the group next weekend :D

Thanks for the information, wasn't sure if running the cables along side the frame or not was a good idea.

-JIM

#8 ·
Wow, 100mm pullback? Ouch, my wrists hurt just thinking about it. I got the Factory Suzuki Bend SE bars cuz they are only 42mm pullback. The stock TW bars are 68mm and they hurt after 10 minutes. I barely hold on anyway, with a very loose grip. 2 broken wrists in my day, I can't do all that much pullback. Plus it's proven you have better control with less pullback or straighter bars. I just can't have that much twist in my wrist. Very painful for me.

#11 ·
No worries LT, there's plenty of bike shops here in So. Kal and I should have done my homework. As of right now I'm happy its up & running.
I"ll have to do some needle work on the carb when I get back though. She's a cold blooded beast. We had high 70's temps today & I had to full choke her for a good 10 minutes :(

We'll see how it goes after a few hours in the saddle this Saturday. No matter what I'll still have a smile on my face from just being out on the trail!

-JIM

#12 ·
Last Saturday I got to break in my TW with a nice 110 mile group ride across the desert with a total of 122 miles from campsite to campsite for the day. This little machine was incredible. When I arrived at the Living Waters meet spot, Jeff looked over my bike & I could see his apprehension as he surveyed my incredibly high mileage of 10 miles on the odometer... He asked me how much experience I had because he knew where we were going & as I would learn later, it was not for the faint of heart or an inexperienced rider.

My new ATV HiBars were perfect for me. Although I came close to "what Purple calls "the flying nun'" at least 1/2 dozen times that day, I managed to survive by the skin of my teeth, and that was good enough for me.
At the start of the ride, JDub brought out his tire pressure gauge & I lowered my tire pressure to his recommendation of 11psi, and damn glad I did. The sand was the most treacherous part of the ride.

Ok, so point of order & long story short. The throttle repair was completed by grinding off the little nub on the throttle body that used to fit in the stock bars factory holes & re-routing of the cables.
Lots O Fun these bikes are, and doing the tweaking & upgrades are a big part of the fun!

Thanks to everybody on this forum for their questions & the answers posted. This is a very special community you don't get to see very often.

Mountainous landforms Geological phenomenon Dirt road Mountain pass Wadi

Now, after baptism by desert fire..... its time for the Blue Devil to get her 1st oil change.

Thanks Everyone!

-JIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.