Throttle problem
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Throttle problem

  1. #1
    Member Kalifornistan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    33.8091° N, 117.9190° W
    Posts
    45

    Throttle problem

    I'm sure there's an obvious solution, but I pulled off the stock bars to replace them with the ProTaper SE bars but I can't seem to get the throttle to function correctly. I've tried relaxing the cable adjustment, but they still seem to short without re routing the cables.
    The question is, can the stock cables be used and/or do they need to come out from behind the steering head?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Super Moderator littletommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thankful for all of my friends!!
    Posts
    17,624
    Yes, reroute them bro. Then they will fit fine. Let us know how you like those bars. I have some and really like them.
    Kalifornistan likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Senior Member Werloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,983
    All depends on what bars you have. I got ProTaper SE with the Factory Suzuki Bend and using 15mm risers and I didn't have to reroute the cables. If you got the high rise bars, then yes, like Tommy said.
    littletommy likes this.
    Bob

    When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Super Moderator littletommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thankful for all of my friends!!
    Posts
    17,624
    I was actually able to put some risers on too. I got another inch and three eighths, but not a bit more. I still wish they were just a little bit higher....
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Member Kalifornistan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    33.8091° N, 117.9190° W
    Posts
    45
    I got the high ATV bars

    Width: 32.00" / 813mm
    Rise: 6.30" / 160mm
    Pullback: 3.94" / 100mm

    Going to have to get er' done this Sunday, so I'll have something to ride with the group next weekend

    Thanks for the information, wasn't sure if running the cables along side the frame or not was a good idea.

    -JIM
    Last edited by Kalifornistan; 03-20-2015 at 12:17 AM.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Padilen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cadillac Michigan area
    Posts
    1,598
    I have the Pro Tapper ATV high's no raisers I didn't need to reroute. But I shorten my bars so they are 2 inches narrower.

  8. #7
    Member Kalifornistan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    33.8091° N, 117.9190° W
    Posts
    45
    Thanks for the tip Padilen,

    I really like the wide spread of the bars. But, an inch off each side doesn't sound critical. I'm going to re route first and if I don't like it, I'll go with plan "B"

    Thanks!


    -JIM

  9. #8
    Senior Member Werloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalifornistan View Post
    I got the high ATV bars

    Width: 32.00" / 813mm
    Rise: 6.30" / 160mm
    Pullback: 3.94" / 100mm

    Going to have to get er' done this Sunday, so I'll have something to ride with the group next weekend

    Thanks for the information, wasn't sure if running the cables along side the frame or not was a good idea.

    -JIM
    Wow, 100mm pullback? Ouch, my wrists hurt just thinking about it. I got the Factory Suzuki Bend SE bars cuz they are only 42mm pullback. The stock TW bars are 68mm and they hurt after 10 minutes. I barely hold on anyway, with a very loose grip. 2 broken wrists in my day, I can't do all that much pullback. Plus it's proven you have better control with less pullback or straighter bars. I just can't have that much twist in my wrist. Very painful for me.
    Bob

    When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  10. #9
    Member Kalifornistan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    33.8091° N, 117.9190° W
    Posts
    45
    You might be on to something Bob. I finished the install today & took a quick putt around. It isn't the most comfortable of positions. I bought them from ProCycle through their TW page. I was hoping for tried & true products. My bad... I'm going to ride them out next weekend & the worse than can happen is my brother will get new bars if he wants them. He likes the pull back bars & has Chubby 508's on his Road King.

    Thanks again for the recommendations, its been 45 years since I've been on a dirt bike so I'm learning this all over again.


    TWFront.JPG

    -JIM
    Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    Wow, 100mm pullback? Ouch, my wrists hurt just thinking about it. I got the Factory Suzuki Bend SE bars cuz they are only 42mm pullback. The stock TW bars are 68mm and they hurt after 10 minutes. I barely hold on anyway, with a very loose grip. 2 broken wrists in my day, I can't do all that much pullback. Plus it's proven you have better control with less pullback or straighter bars. I just can't have that much twist in my wrist. Very painful for me.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator littletommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thankful for all of my friends!!
    Posts
    17,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalifornistan View Post
    You might be on to something Bob. I finished the install today & took a quick putt around. It isn't the most comfortable of positions. I bought them from ProCycle through their TW page. I was hoping for tried & true products. My bad... I'm going to ride them out next weekend & the worse than can happen is my brother will get new bars if he wants them. He likes the pull back bars & has Chubby 508's on his Road King.

    Thanks again for the recommendations, its been 45 years since I've been on a dirt bike so I'm learning this all over again.


    TWFront.JPG

    -JIM
    O no Jim. You kind of got those on my recommendation, didn't you? I'm sorry bro. I like mine, although in all fairness, I didn't try any others.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. dead 1/4 - 1/2 throttle
    By apex in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 09:19 PM
  2. Throttle response
    By Highcountry in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 04:43 AM
  3. Throttle adjustment
    By Bioman in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 08:02 PM
  4. Throttle issue
    By tcepilot in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
  5. Throttle sticking
    By RingSteel in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 02:20 PM

Search tags for this page

yamaha tw 200 throttle stuck

Click on a term to search for related topics.