Can you see me now?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Can you see me now?

Can you see me now?

I recently saw some camo covered TW200's (or maybe it was just one) and decided to try the look. Before and after;

Let me know what you think. I'll also put up some more photos and a bit about how I did it.

I posed my TW200 in a little more natural setting;

Close-up of the tank;
    Last edited by NoHair McNair; 04-20-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Here are a couple more photos;

TW-Brian, TWilight, evan and 1 others like this.

Very nicely done, looks great!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes, very nice-very 3 dimensional looking camo. Dip finish i guess?
    "Right's right -even if nobody's doing it and wrong's wrong -even if everybody's doing it"

It is not dip finish. That would be pretty expensive I've heard. No, this is sticky back plastic paper. I got it here;

CamoSKINZ - Now Entering Camo Country

They make a permanent and a removable version. The permanent is cheap, the removable a bit more expensive. I went with the removable. It also stretches some. I bought a brand called "Kings Shadow" in a pattern called "Mountain Shadow".

I got a 2' x 5' piece and it was a bit too small. Look close at the front fender; it's pieces. That is a white fender that I put the camo on, then I masked off and sprayed with 'Plasti-Dip' spray paint stuff. The neat thing about the spray is that it will peel off like a sunburn when you want, but has plenty of UV properties and will stay there as long as you wish. If it gets damaged, just reapply the spray. I've seen whole cars done on youtube with the stuff. Some folks use it to spray their wheels to protect from salt damage during winter.

Anyways, I made my 2x5 piece work. Took me a couple days fussing with it. Stretching and pulling, nipping and tucking. I have no idea how long or durable it is, but for $50, it's worth the effort.

My goal is to be as stealthly as I can get. I've already quieted down the engine rattle by putting a stainless steel XT225 header on there. The thicker wall makes the motor much more quiet.
    Not in the photo, but I will write up someday, is a copper 3/4" 45* elbow with a 2" 3/4" copper stinger on it. This directs the exhaust down towards the ground and makes the bike another several db quieter. I got another db or two quieter by using Rotella oil.
    Last edited by NoHair McNair; 04-20-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    Fred and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Thats cool I must do this.

I would guess that a 2x5 sheet would work for a stock TW200. I have the XT225 tank and that's bigger and with 'wings' to cover to boot.

To camo the wing grids, I used some krylon plastic in a flat moss green, then topped that with a paint called 'terra cotta' used to paint flower pots to look new again. They Krylon should make what ever I put over the top of, stick to the plastic as it's touted to be made for plastic. We will see...

I'm thinking of spraying the lower forks, swing arm and sections of the frame with Plasti-Dip as well. Something that will knock the shine off the finish, but not permanently alter the color in case I want to go back to stock.

One nice thing about the stretchy plastic sheeting is that it's removable AND it protects the original plastic. If I ever go to sell this thing, the plastic will look pretty new after peeling this stuff off.
    Fred likes this.

rbm
    Looks great!

Yep, looks really good. Nice job...
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Nice. Maybe camo seat cover is next?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links