DG O series exhaust, what mods need done?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DG O series exhaust, what mods need done?

DG O series exhaust, what mods need done?

I have a DG O series slip on and jet kit coming from Procycle, other than finding the right jet ( and does anyone already know which jet size works best?) is there any modifications that i need to do to the air box? thanks.....

Welcome to the forum! It helps if we know the year of the bike at least. And we always like to know a little about you and where you are from if you feel like sharing.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

All depends on your altitude. The stock air box breaths pretty well. But if you feel you "Need" to, open it up a little "Before" jetting your carb.

Like Tommy said, What year bike (as carb and jet sizes are different for different years. Pre or Post 2001?), and what state your in? This will let us know in order to help you in more detail from people in your area and altitude. How far above sea level determines what jets are likely to be correct due to air density.....
    Don't expect performance improvement from the exhaust. IF any, it's from the jetting. 4-stroke engines do not have or need tuned exhaust like 2-strokes. So don't expect any. Little if any.
    Last edited by Werloc; 05-01-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    littletommy and Peterb like this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback! My TW is a 2001, and I'm in Northeast Arkansas (edge of the Delta and Ozarks). I'm a long time " Big Bike Harley rider" and about a year ago got into Mountain biking. This is where I found trails that are also good for adventure riding so I bought my TW. I am 1 of 5 local MTB riders that have all got TW's now. The years range from '87-2009. We are all customizing them to our own personalities and trying to figure out whats the best configuration for performance. This forum has been VERY helpful as I have already put a 15 tooth front sprocket and Golden Boy front tire on as a result of reading other posts..... Procycle's suggestion for increased air flow is removing the top snorkel and boring that hole out 3x bigger or removing the side panel and running K&N filter. Any remarks about these options?

image.jpg
    Here is what My bike has become....
    Hekkler and Cornelis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish29er View Post
    image.jpg
    Here is what My bike has become....
    That real carbon fiber? Nice looking bike!

That is carbon fiber wrap. I'm fairly sure it is going to hold up on the side panels, but I'm not sure about the front fender........The rest of the bike is Anthracite Grey Plasti Dip.

I personally would not run with side cover off? If side cover is off, then why drill out top? Doesn't make sense at all. I also don't like K&N filters for dirt. Dust will kill that way overpriced K&N filter. I'd keep the side cover on, drill out the top opening, and run a 2 stage UNI filter. It's a foam filter like the stock filter, with a 2nd layer of more open cell foam which acts as a pre-filter. Make sure it's oiled with foam filter oil, not just any oil. Foam filter oil is super tacky, and really collects dirt, and super fine dust, before letting it through the filter. These foam filters are very easy to clean. Best way to oil them is, place your washed and dried filter in a plastic zip lock freezer bag. Spray foam filter oil on it, and a good amout. Then squeeze the bag working the oil into every inch of the filter. The bag will make a messy job neat, and reusing the bag saves you from waisting oil. Then really squeeze out excess oil. Before installing filter back in airbox, wipe a coat of grease around the lip sealing edge where filter meets the airbox to seal it from letting dirt, dust, by. If your riding alone, you shouldn't have dust issues. But when riding with others, it can get pretty dusty at times, so clean that filter after every dusty ride. I have a few filters, all oiled up, in zip-lock bags, ready to go. Very easy to swap filters real quick when it's really dusty. This way, I'll clean, dry, bag and oil them all at once, whenever I have time. I always clean with hot water and Dawn dish soap. Cuts grease and oil very well, and will not harm foam filters. They will last many years. They're about $7 bucks.

K&N filters are great for clean enviroment like street riding, but don't do well for dirt......
    Last edited by Werloc; 05-06-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    I personally would not run with side cover off? If side cover is off, then why drill out top? Doesn't make sense at all. I also fon't like K&N filters for dirt. Dust will kill that way overpriced K&N filter. I'd keep the side cover on, drill out the top opening, and run a 2 stage UNI filter. It's a foam filter like the stock filter, with a 2nd layer of more open cell foam which acts as a pre-filter. Make sure it's oiled with foam filter oil, not just any oil. Foam filter oil is super tacky, and really collects dirt, and super fine dust, before letting it through the filter. These foam filters are very easy to clean. Best way to oil them is, place your washed and dried filter in a plastic zip lock freezer bag. Spray foam filter oil on it, and a good amout. Then squeeze the bag working the oil into every inch of the filter. The bag will make a messy job neat, and reusing the bag saves you from waisting oil. Then really squeeze out excess oil. Before installing filter back in airbox, wipe a coat of grease around the lip sealing edge where filter meets the airbox to seal it from letting dirt, dust, by. If your riding alone, you shouldn't have dust issues. But when riding with others, it can get pretty dusty at times, so clean that filter after every dusty ride. I have a few filters, all oiled up, in zip-lock bags, ready to go. Very easy to swap filters real quick when it's really dusty. This way, I'll clean, dry, bag and oil them all at once, whenever I have time. I always clean with hot water and Dawn dish soap. Cuts grease and oil very well, and will not harm foam filters. They will last many years. They're about $7 bucks.

K&N filters are great for clean enviroment like street riding, but don't do well for dirt......
    Excellent write up Bob.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

rbm
    No need to modify the stock airbox...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links