Want to buy new OEM carb
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RobG
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Want to buy new OEM carb

Want to buy new OEM carb

I am considering purchasing a new OEM carb and would like some input on the best price available. Rocky mountain ATV and Bikebandit are both around $305. Cheapcycleparts around $300. Anyone know where I can beat these prices? Gonna rebuild my carb and was thinking it could be worth having a second around so that there is no pressure to complete a tedious and technical rebuild project. I could continue to ride while I tinkered away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

Partzilla.com had them for $278 not long ago, and probably $10 shipping or so. Or-you could call Rockymtn and they will price match them (and they probably have one in stock).-Glenn
    "Right's right -even if nobody's doing it and wrong's wrong -even if everybody's doing it"

Thank you for the input Glenn
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I will be selling a 2014 carb with 500 miles on it in about a month for $225 shipped if you want to wait.

Waiting patiently. PM me when you are ready to pull the trigger

No problem, it should be around mid to late June.

I don't want to kill anybody's sale, but I will be posting a rebuilt stock carb for sale here soon too. I put a new carb on my TW recently (pre-2001) and bought a rebuild kit for the old one. It's clean and everything's installed except for one final part I'm waiting on. Once that's in, I'll put it on my bike and test it to make sure it's running properly before I post it.

In hindsight, this is what I probably should have done rather than buy the new carb at all.. would have been cheaper. But oh well. So I figure I can sell this one and make back some of the $$.

So if you have a 2001 or older TW and want a fresh carb for it, I will hopefully have one for sale soon.

Rob
    ZDR1 likes this.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content - Organize your rides online!

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I don't want to kill anybody's sale, but I will be posting a rebuilt stock carb for sale here soon too. I put a new carb on my TW recently (pre-2001) and bought a rebuild kit for the old one. It's clean and everything's installed except for one final part I'm waiting on. Once that's in, I'll put it on my bike and test it to make sure it's running properly before I post it.

In hindsight, this is what I probably should have done rather than buy the new carb at all.. would have been cheaper. But oh well. So I figure I can sell this one and make back some of the $$.

So if you have a 2001 or older TW and want a fresh carb for it, I will hopefully have one for sale soon.

Rob
    I lost a good deal of hair dealing with these Old Style carbs between cleaning and rebuilding. To date I have bought 3 new OEM carbs and think the most I paid was $265 from Partzilla.

What has to be said is what exactly did you do when you rebuilt the old carb? Yamaha never made an actual rebuild kit available from dealers with all OEM parts. Some dealers and after market sellers have put together rebuild kits with some of the parts but none are complete and many contain non OEM parts. I can tell you from experience if you buy every single tiny part all separate from a Yamaha dealer and I do mean every part and all OEM you will spend over $150. As long as the carb body has no blockages and no broken internal parts and you assemble it correct it should be as good as new. I found it was much easier to just spend the $265 and drop the new carb on and go ride your bike after you remove the pilot screw plug and make a final adjustment. Messing around with jet sizes is for others who really enjoy trying to wring out every last ounce of power one can get from these tiny engines or for those who ride in very high altitude areas where these changes do in fact make a difference. The real test is if your bone stock TW can run smooth through the entire spectrum and can top out at somewhere between 65-70 MPH on a flat road.

GaryL
    jbfla likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links