TW200 Rear Tire Options
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: TW200 Rear Tire Options

TW200 Rear Tire Options

Hello all, I am new to the Tdub world. I have a 2008 model I recently picked up, it has stock tires on it and are getting pretty thin on traction. I am looking at new tires I have decided on the Kenda K270 for front I think, 5.10x18. For the rear I am on the fence on what to do. I ride 50/50 and live in northern idaho in the panhandle. I would like something a little more aggressive but I do use it as a daily commuter and need something comfortable on the street. I know many are running the Maxxis Ceros 26x9x14 with no mods needed to fit the tire. I was looking for a DOT certified tire and found the EFX MotoGrip Radial ATV Tire 26x9x14,https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...adial-ATV-Tire

How do you guys think this tire would do for 50/50 and do you think they will mount good? They are a 8ply DOT rated tire and for only a few more dollars than the Ceros.
    All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks
    D-Tat
    buellzebub likes this.

In my opinion unless you are running in serious mud there is almost no need for the ATV tire( i run a duro when i need one). For anything from loose to hard packed dirt, rocky, sandy, road, etc the stock rear works just fine with plenty of traction. When it gets muddy is where it has a shortcoming.
    TWilight likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

8 ply, you could probably ride on that if it was flat in an emergency.
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is the reason I am asking, the area's I run for the 50 off road can go from snow, to deep mud, to super rocky steep terrain, to wet bear grass. not a ton of sand but down by the rivers there is, I live in Lewiston Idaho and ride Hells Canyon a lot. I was also thinking the 8 ply would be great for possible flat in an emergency to ride out on like littletommy stated. My big question would be if you all think I could mount it without having to make modifications to the bike, do you think this tire would run good on the road or is it to aggressive? It looks pretty similar to the Maxis Ceros but it has a little larger knobs with larger gaps for cleaning. Thank you both for the reply.
    TWilight likes this.

I haven't heard of that particular tire being used before. The problem will be how it fits in the swing arm. If it is too close, mud and crud could build up hindering your travels. It will feel different on the road for sure, but you would get used to it easily enough. Hopefully other's will chime in.
    D-Tat and TWilight like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    In my opinion unless you are running in serious mud there is almost no need for the ATV tire( i run a duro when i need one). For anything from loose to hard packed dirt, rocky, sandy, road, etc the stock rear works just fine with plenty of traction. When it gets muddy is where it has a shortcoming.
    Very true.

This is what my tire looked like sliding around on the snowmobile trails.
    TWilight likes this.
    2009 TW200
    2000 V-Star Classic
    1986 HD Sportster (sold)
    1975 Yamaha DT125 (sold)

What tubes are guys running in the 26x9x14 ATV Tires

Quote Originally Posted by D-Tat View Post
    What tubes are guys running in the 26x9x14 ATV Tires
    Most just use the stock tube size
    TWilight likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

I would not go with the Kenda K270 for the front. I have had one one one the back of my WR and it sucks. I also had the golden boy (same tread pattern) on the front of the TW and it sucks in mud. I have gone with the MT43 in front on the TW. Love this tire on the back of my WR, but it wears quickly on the road with the WR.
    Can't help with a rear tire choice as I am looking one myself. I just replaced the worn rear with a stock TW dirt tire.
    TWilight and TopPredator like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links