Any suggestions for mounting a phone/GPS to the TW200?
Close

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By TacoMcNacho
  • 3 Post By grewen
  • 2 Post By TWROG
  • 1 Post By TopPredator
  • 1 Post By Smitty Blackstone
  • 1 Post By oilhed
  • 1 Post By Smitty Blackstone

Thread: Any suggestions for mounting a phone/GPS to the TW200?

Any suggestions for mounting a phone/GPS to the TW200?

I was thinking about getting the RAM phone mount but I'm not sure it will hold up to a bumpier bike like the TW200 RAM Mounts Universal Cell Phone Holder Kit - RevZilla

I actually ordered the Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank bag for it but it did not fit on the tank so I had to send it back. I saw somewhere that there is a tank bag that does work with it but I couldn't find it. Any ideas?
    mudbug and TWilight like this.
    *2008 TW200

12.JPGram mount works great for my garmin Montana the gps stayed right in place even when I layed the bike down the other day
    Last edited by grewen; 05-13-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    mudbug, TWilight and TacoMcNacho like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

My Nelson Rigg bag has a cuttout in the map pocket for a phone or gps.

Nelson-Rigg | Tank Bags : Sport Adventure Tank Bag Slim

TWilight and TacoMcNacho like this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TacoMcNacho View Post
    I was thinking about getting the RAM phone mount but I'm not sure it will hold up to a bumpier bike like the TW200 RAM Mounts Universal Cell Phone Holder Kit - RevZilla

I actually ordered the Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank bag for it but it did not fit on the tank so I had to send it back. I saw somewhere that there is a tank bag that does work with it but I couldn't find it. Any ideas?
    Get the Ram X. I gave it a serious test on the last 116 mile off-road ride. It was extremely bumpy and it held my iphone 6 like it was glued in. I also have the Otter Box phone case that has rubber on the sides. I trust it completely
    Rick
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I have a Ram-X mount on three of my street bikes. Actually I have two of them on the PC800. Haven't gotten around to adding anything to the TW yet, as the bars are quite full with GoPro remote, Voyager GPS, Tach, etc.

Have NEVER had an issue, And if you are worried, add a thick rubber band or removable tywrap.
    TacoMcNacho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    TacoMcNacho, there are some TW riders that either want...or have a need...to mount a GPS on their bikes. And there are the others....over in the flickering lights of the campfire, drinking the imported beers, that have no wants or needs for a GPS on their TW 200s.

I use a Garmin Zumo on my bigger street bikes, and have for many years. So I am a GPS user, and familiar with them.

But on my TW 200, I choose to mellow out, take it easy, sometimes play follow-the-leader (unless the leader is going too slow, or is lost) , and what I witnessed in Moab was......
    Those riders that were using a GPS, had to stop more often, and pay more attention to their GPS units, than the trails they were riding on. I will NOT mention any names, because I really like all of the riders that were using a GPS, but.......sometimes it is more fun to follow the path less beaten, to follow your nose.....to follow the leader.....to lead the follower....and to have more fun...than reading the path a GPS might send you down.

Okay, (sorta) rant is over. Mount one if you want to, and replace it when you fall over and break the GPS on that one big rock within 1000 feet.
    Haha I here you but I have no problem going off the beaten path... as long as I'm just riding to ride and not in a hurry. If I need to meet someone at a certain time in an area I'm not familiar with then the last thing I need to do is get lost exploring the backroads hoping they will lead me to where I need to be. A mount would make things a lot simpler than having to get off my bike every few miles and check my gps. Otherwise I often end up dozens of miles from my original destination just from exploring county roads lol.
    Last edited by TacoMcNacho; 05-15-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    *2008 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by TacoMcNacho View Post
    Haha I here you but I have no problem going off the beaten path... as long as I'm just riding to ride and not in a hurry. If I need to meet someone at a certain time in an area I'm not familiar with then the last thing I need to do is get lost exploring the backroads hoping they will lead me to where I need to be. A mount would make things a lot simpler than having to get off my bike every few miles and check my gps. Otherwise I often end up dozens of miles from my original destination just from exploring county roads lol.
    I love my GPS. I ignore it most of the time but I can take any turn I want and never worry about getting lost. The best part is knowing how long it will take me to get home at any moment. My zumo RAM mount is better than the one that came with the GPS.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I actually just got back from my local Harley dealer. Was getting the PC800 NY State inspected. They treat me excellent there, all great people.

Anyway..... I just bought another RAM X mount and a 3 inch arm.
    TopPredator likes this.

Sponosred Links