How thickis "YOUR" Coleman Comfort Ride seat pad?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: How thickis "YOUR" Coleman Comfort Ride seat pad?

How thickis "YOUR" Coleman Comfort Ride seat pad?

Ordered one of these and it is only ~1/2" thick. Expected it to be much thicker. At least one person here mentioned their Coleman pad was 1" thick.

How thick is "YOUR" Coleman Comfort Ride seat pad? Thx.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

Just measured mine, it is between 1/2" - 3/4" depending on which part I measure. 1" is being pretty generous if you ask me, maybe they were guessing the height.
    TWilight likes this.
    Hidden Content 2013 TW200
    Seat Concepts seat, Cycleracks rear rack w/pannier brackets, Clarke XT350 Translucent fuel tank, 90` fuel filter, Cycra Probend handguards, DMO footpegs, Kick Starter, Shortened Tail Lights, Ricochet Skid Plate, High Fender Mod, Shinko 241 Trials front Tire, Stock Rear Tire, Upgraded chain, Procycle rear bracket and LED brake light, Jet Kit, Powermadd 2" handlebar riser, seat bolt mod with cables, Versa Pack Tank & Pannier Bags, $1.00 Dairy Crate, NelsonRigg mini tank bag, 14/47

^^^^^ what he said.

TWilight likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Stealing this thread to say.....Hi Georgie Girl Nice to see a picture of Georgie again.

Okay, back to the OPs thread.....I have the same seat pad/cover...only mine says...Mad Dog on it. I have it cinched down to the seat SO tight.....it is like a seond skin on the OEM seat.

Mine is a newer MadDog also, for OP's referrence. This may account for a possible height difference between an older style and a newer style?
    TWilight likes this.
    Hidden Content 2013 TW200
    Seat Concepts seat, Cycleracks rear rack w/pannier brackets, Clarke XT350 Translucent fuel tank, 90` fuel filter, Cycra Probend handguards, DMO footpegs, Kick Starter, Shortened Tail Lights, Ricochet Skid Plate, High Fender Mod, Shinko 241 Trials front Tire, Stock Rear Tire, Upgraded chain, Procycle rear bracket and LED brake light, Jet Kit, Powermadd 2" handlebar riser, seat bolt mod with cables, Versa Pack Tank & Pannier Bags, $1.00 Dairy Crate, NelsonRigg mini tank bag, 14/47

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    only mine says...Mad Dog on it ........
    Figures .......

(with apologies for continuing the temporary hijack) - Admiral - have you ever considered giving Georgie a head cam on some of your rides - could get some interesting footage ........
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Figures .......

(with apologies for continuing the temporary hijack) - Admiral - have you ever considered giving Georgie a head cam on some of your rides - could get some interesting footage ........
    No problemo! In fact, Sir Quigly wants to say hello to Georgie.

Hi Georgie! Your one lucky SOB to ride on your masters T-Dub. Craig caught me lifting my leg on his new ride and gave me a good yelling at. Serves him right. That new toy is getting all his attention lately; won't even take me for a walk. Besides, I was just letting him know what that DEATH WING on the front rim was good for...

Anyway, I'm 10 years old now (that's 70 in human years), but I was quite the whistle bait back in my day. Lost my eye sight, color accents are fading and getting gray hairs too, but I can still sniff butt with the best of them! I guess I should give Craig a break. He's been good to me over the years and deserves some fun time on that two wheeled thing. Enjoy your rides as long as you can Georgie, because sitting around the house just don't cut it like the good old days.

Cheers, Quigly

Thanks guys for the input. This one is Maddog labeled and may account for the thinness. Too bad it's not thicker...
    Last edited by Little Brute; 06-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post

I've got a window to put in the house. How the heck am I suppose to do that if you're gonna distract me and get me thinking off track? Oh wait, I shouldn't be on the computer with a window to put in!

Georgie say's hi to Sir Quigly. Nice looking pup and Georgie can relate to the gray hair, just like her master!
    TWilight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKLBRY View Post
    Just measured mine, it is between 1/2" - 3/4" depending on which part I measure. 1" is being pretty generous if you ask me, maybe they were guessing the height.
    It was in fact me that said mine was "ABOUT" an inch. I stick with that assessment too. I could be off by a bit since I did not break out the calipers. Mine is at the very least a solid 3/4 inch everywhere. Thicker in the back section. If I am wrong I will forgo however many birthdays I have left. Forever remaining 28

Tom
    HKLBRY likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I just when out and measured my maddog with calipers
    and at the thickest spot in the rear was 1/2 in. no wonder it doesn't help much. i'll have to put a pad under it
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I'm sending the Maddog back. May try the Wally World Coleman if I can find one in a store to touch and feel first. It's possible they have done the product shrink and quality reduction thing to increase profits or Coleman took the low bid for China production without doing their our research on what actually got produced. Who knows? My local Cycle Gear has some nice gel seat pads they put on sale all the time. May check those out in person. Great customer service there. They'd probably even let me put it on the bike and take it for a test ride. Unfortunately any custom seat will have to wait...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links