tw seats
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: tw seats

tw seats

Anyone know of an after market seat.........18 mile first ride this season and my 66 year old ass is sore. My 1100 street ride is like heaven in comparison......
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Universally, people seem to agree that buying a replacement cover and foam from Seat Concepts is money well spent.
    Seat Concepts - Products
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
    Universally, people seem to agree that buying a replacement cover and foam from Seat Concepts is money well spent.
    Seat Concepts - Products
    This.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Seat concepts!
    1991 TW200

tw seat 008.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmercman View Post
    Anyone know of an after market seat.........18 mile first ride this season and my 66 year old ass is sore. My 1100 street ride is like heaven in comparison......
    I took a seat from a Vulcan 1500 and put it on. Just made a pan to fit the contour of the frame and attached the large saddle seat. Also used the pad for the back and made a backrest from that. Wasn't too hard to do.

bike seat 001.JPGI might add this pic. Wife found this for me and is very comfortable for a roll around. I checked it out and it has a steel bottom for a good base for an attachment.

This one was bought at harbor freight for about 75 bucks. would be an easy fix for a TW.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    tw seat 008.JPG

I took a seat from a Vulcan 1500 and put it on. Just made a pan to fit the contour of the frame and attached the large saddle seat. Also used the pad for the back and made a backrest from that. Wasn't too hard to do.
    Do you ride off road with that seat?
    I have to admit, adding a cruiser seat is my backup plan if I can't shape this spare OEM pan into something suitable. Cruiser saddles are meant to be comfortable and I sincerely wish the makers of other models would take a moment to work that into their designs instead of this minimalist butt board. I understand form for function, but on some bikes these seats are like wearing high heels: the casual viewer may find they look killer, but the only thing being killed is the person wearing them.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

I got the Seat Concepts cover and foam, then could not bear to lose the look of the original seat. Six months later, I swapped the cover and foam, and then my butt was sore from kicking myself for waiting so long.

I still get a little sore after 5-6 hours but it is way better than squirming for a bit of relief after an hour riding the 2x4 original 😊

------------------------------------------
    Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!
    jtomelliott49 and grewen like this.
    '03 TW200 - QuasiMoto, the king of wheeee!

Seats are pretty subjective. Depends on how your shaped, what you are doing and how important
    looks are to you. Seat concepts is well spoken of. If you want real comfort, you could drop $500 with Corbin (and others) and get one
    shaped for your butt in stiffer foam and leather cover. Lots of folks have been successful with a cushy over cover like Airhawk. I have had great luck
    with a sheepskin over cover. Adapting a larger seat is a great idea as well but will affect your ability to ride effectively off road and can raise the seat height
    Somewhere on this seat is a thread on cushions available at Wal Mart I think.
    Hidden Content
    Tonto
    on the "Left Coast"
    2015 BMW F700GS
    2005 Yamaha V Star 1100
    2018 Suzuki Van Van
    More Wagging and less Barking
    Make Love not War

The 06 has a stock seat, not that comfy for more than a little bit of riding. The 09 has a seat concepts, not sure what everyone is raving about, though better than stock I think it still sucks. I have a mustang seat on my sporty which is pretty damm good by itself but on longer trips I put the sheep skin on it. Even on my 1000 mile Ironbutt my butt was not sore. My next step is to get a sheep skin to put over the seat concepts seat.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links