Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By jb882
  • 2 Post By boznarras
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 3 Post By Rohnsman

Thread: Seat Cover info?

Seat Cover info?

Anyone purchase seat covers here?

I really don't want to spend a lot and though I know this isn't going to change the comfort factor of the seat, I figure it will look a lot better than the duct tape patch I have going on now. I wish the covers could be had in a rougher, perhaps cordura or similar fabric. On the stock seat I found I slid around more than I liked. The addition of a Coleman ATV pad helped a lot. Unfortunately, the pad doesn't cover the spot where the tear in the original seat is. Many have suggested the Seat Concepts seat, but those are over $100. I'm thinking a local upholstery shop could likely beat that.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks...!

I would guess that this is as slick as the factory cover. If you want a true no slip cover the seat concepts with the gripper top is most likely your best option. Yes, its the more expensive option but very worth the money asked. I have done the SC kit on both of my bikes and i have zero regrets, truly transformed the comfort and the gripper top is fantastic.

I would check this thread by placerload and see what he is asking for the ones he has for sale.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-cl...ever-used.html
    chethro likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rohnsman View Post

I really don't want to spend a lot and though I know this isn't going to change the comfort factor of the seat, I figure it will look a lot better than the duct tape patch I have going on now. I wish the covers could be had in a rougher, perhaps cordura or similar fabric. On the stock seat I found I slid around more than I liked. The addition of a Coleman ATV pad helped a lot. Unfortunately, the pad doesn't cover the spot where the tear in the original seat is. Many have suggested the Seat Concepts seat, but those are over $100. I'm thinking a local upholstery shop could likely beat that.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks...!

That seller's name is Joemama. Is that our Joemama? I don't know, but the price seems ok. Cheaper than what I found when I was looking for a seat cover. Good to see you, you used to hang out more often, we'd like to see more of you Rohnsman.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

An idea for you: I have used an adhesive spray on sleeping pads for camping to keep them from sliding on the nylon tent floor for years.
    So when I had the same problem with a motorcycle seat I used the spray on that with good effect. There is a 3M product, or on Amazon you can find something called Performix that is a spray. Or if you go to a camp supply store like REI they have spray like that for Thermarest sleeping pads.

This way you could use the cheaper seat cover and treat it to get a grippy surface, and can reapply the spray as needed. Just a thought.
    littletommy and GTG like this.

I have a spare (new) seat cover I could sell ya. Its black and gray (black top, gray sides). It's some kind of synthetic leather. PM me if interested.

As a cheapster I made my own seat cover with $5 of neoprene from the fabric store stretched over and stapled w/o cutting or sewing, jus a little corner fold at the rear since the neoprene was so stretchy and conformed to seat's shape. Took the opportunity to sandwich in additional foam for a 2" lift. A good gripper surface was achieved using a trim roller applying a thin textured film of common RTV silicone sealant. I masked off a neat rectangle on the top to define area to apply silicone gripper compound. Total cost ~$12 if you toss in cost of disposable paint trim roller and tube of silicon.
    It has held up well for maybe 5 years but now I have a Seat Concepts to be installed. Wonder if I will like it better?
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Lots of videos on you tube on how to recover your motorcycle seat with fabric bought at the store.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rohnsman View Post
    I bought two covers from this guy and they are good quality and fit. I completely wrapped and glued a 1/2" layer of upholstery foam over the stock foam and the cover was big enough to fit nicely. The foam layer made the stock seat much more comfortable. You'll probably need an pneumatic stapler. The Harbor Freight one worked fine for me with 1/4" T-50 staples.

Cool Ridin' the Bronco!

Just a follow up... I ordered a cover from this place and decided to stick with the Boise State Bronco theme I was going with so ordered the cover in two-tone blue and orange. I am very pleased with the quality and fit of the cover and the price was great. It is as slick as the stock seat however. I hate to cover it up with a Stearns/Coleman/MadDog cover, though I was pleased with how that worked before I replaced the old cover.

Some had recommended a non-slip spray. Is this stuff clear or am I gonna mess up the nice color I got? Any other suggestions for better grip without compromising the look?2015-07-25 11.55.15.jpgBronco TW 02.jpgBronco TW 03.jpg
    admiral, jeffrolives and elime like this.

Sponosred Links