600 mile do over
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 600 mile do over

600 mile do over

I just completed my 600 mile maintance, including new gas filter, clean air filter, tightened every bolt on the bike. raised the front fender 1 1/4 inches, looks great. did an oil change and cleaned and lubed the chain. adjusted the valves, they where still pretty close to specs, but now right on. and now the big one.......... rejetted the carb... I bought the rejet kit from procycle last year, but wanted to wait until the bike had some miles on, plus I wanted some time to read all of your posts on rejetting. after reading a lot of posts on how well your bikes ran after rejetting, I figured, yah boys and their toys. well i'm so impressed with this bike now that I can't stop smiling and it's been about 4 hours since I rode it. 5 little changes and I have a brand new bike! when I installed the washer, I got greedy and put 2 in and the bike didn't like that much, couldn't stall the motor by turning in the air/fuel screw. the motor runs so strong now that I just don't have words for it. it's smooth and doesn't miss a beat from coming off idle to who knows how fast, I backed off at 60, but the bike didn't, I can now feel through the seat the shift into 5th, another big smile! thanks to all you guys who like to tinker with their tw's and put it on the form
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Wow, very impressive!! Thank you for sharing that bro.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

How did you raise front fender one and a quarter inches? We typically use compressible springs so as to not loose too much front suspension travel and get a jar when the raised fender slams into bottom of triple tree. You may not use full suspension travel on road, but this gets to be an issue off road where one should set up the suspension stiffness to fully utilize the full six inches periodically for your style of riding.
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

At the risk of getting another "quitcherbitching" comment from phil... I'm curious about what kind of mileage you got before and after your carb mods.
    littletommy likes this.

GTG
    Yeah! That is fantastic to hear! Congrats, and nice job.
    "200 cubic centimeters of raw whining power,
    no outstanding warrants for my arrest.
    hi diddle dee dee.
    god damn!
    the pirate's life for me!"

Grewen.

So you went back to the stock jets (or at least the ones in the kit) ? And how many shims did you end up using? What year bike and approx. elevation?

I went with the stocker (as said) jets in the Pro Cycle kit (1996 / 1,200 feet) and three shims. Running rich, but I believe the needle is bent. I have a new one on order, but wondering if I want to go down to two shims while it is out.

Maybe it is just because the needle isn't completely straight. Tried to straighten, but you know how that goes.

Thank you.

Jeff.

edit - just saw year.
    Last edited by jeffrolives; 06-25-2015 at 11:08 AM.

27.JPG26.JPGhi fred I used longer bolts with locking nuts. so far I have not done any aggressive off road riding and don't seem to use all of the front suspension. if I ever go to moab that might change, but for now I still have 5" of travel and can be put back to stock if needed. I wanted to use the high mounting bracket from procycle, but with our crappy money and tax at the border, it was going to cost somewhere around $100 I am still going to make my own this winter
    Last edited by grewen; 06-25-2015 at 11:39 AM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

hey sponge I don't know what gas mileage I get because I don't fill up at a metered pump sorry man
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

hi jeff I cheated and followed the instructions that came with the kit, hoping I would get away with it, only I got greedy and used 2 washers. the instructions said use 1 washer. the bike ran good, but I couldn't stall it by screwing in the pilot screw, in fact the bike idled best with the screw all the way in. the second washer was letting too much fuel past and when I removed 1 washer it was great, now I can adjust idle with the pilot screw. it is almost 2 turns out. my bike is a 2014 and our elevation at the house is 1200 ft I think you have a different carb than I do, and what I have done will not be right for you, but I did find that one little washer made a big difference
    jeffrolives likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

thanks lt and gtg
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast