Long time lurker... first TW build pics
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Long time lurker... first TW build pics

Long time lurker... first TW build pics

Been visiting the site for quite some time, watching builds, learning a lot. My buddy Dave bought a TW after riding one in his motorcycle safety course and soon after I thought I better get one too. I found one that needed some attention. We took her down to the frame, blasted and painted everything. New cables, lines, gaskets, grips, mirrors and assorted bits. Recovered the original seat. Lowered her stance with v-star shock (which we learned about right here) and got her some new rubber. Took just under eight months, but here she is - Roxanne!

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    very nice re-fit. clean look!
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Roxanne looks pretty sweet. Nicely done Sayosen!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful Job Bro!!!! +1 for sure!!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Very nice. Tell us about what you did. I love the seat and the colors.
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

What year was your dubs birthday ?? I really like that seat.. And you should like your choice of tires.. I run the same front ,with a stock rear..OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by igrip View Post
    Very nice. Tell us about what you did. I love the seat and the colors.
    Welcome to the forum igrip!!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

First, let me say thanks for all the kind words. This site has been an invaluable source of knowledge and inspiration for us.

Both Dave and I love the Tdub - be it in stock form or one of the wild ones you find on japan webike. We opted for a build somewhere in between. We found a well-used '87 on line and took a trip into the twilight zone to pick it up beyond the reach of cell phones and even GPS - but that is a whole 'nother story. Anyway, we got her home, stripped her down to see what she really had...

Plastics were solid except for missing side covers so I picked up a set here on the forum. Cleaned up and hit 'em with car paint.
    Frame was blasted and painted - wanted to keep a nod to Yamaha blue in there!
    New tubes and tires - went with the less aggressive tread as I don't think she will see that much dirt. She will probably see more local bike nights - we'll see what the Harley boys think of her!
    Lowered the stance as 1. I like the look and 2. I'm short. Trimmed down the kickstand as well.
    Refreshed the engine, did all the maintenance and new gaskets as needed - Didn't need much as she was strong runner when we got her. Not pretty, but running!
    Carb rebuild kit just as a matter of practice - we find it just eliminates a lot of possible questions and problems down the road.
    Few new bits include Biltwell kung fu grips, metal tank badges all the way from England, new mirrors, and turn signals.
    Fabricated a new license plate bracket and fitted it with a lucas-style light. The old plate bracket, rear taillight and rear turn signals were missing.
    Had the seat redone by the local upholstery shop - they have done our last 3 seats and they always look so much better than the first seat I attempted to make for out first build.
    Have to say we are well pleased with how she came out! We definitely plan on doing another Tdub build soon!

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by sayosen; 07-20-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Great looking TW, love the color scheme!

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Looks great! I'm thinking a blue Jimbo shield to finish her off is the ticket.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links