Best sources for exhaust upgrades?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Ok ,i am finally sick of my stock exhaust system dripping rust stains on my swing arm. I have seen several photos of our forum members TW's with nice chrome downpipes and aluminum mufflers. So my question is where do i find a good exhaust system upgrade that wont rust out on me?

Everyone feel free to chime in with the pros and cons [if any] of the particular exhaust upgrade you have on your TW's

Thanks BP

Quote Originally Posted by betopimienta View Post
    Ok ,i am finally sick of my stock exhaust system dripping rust stains on my swing arm. I have seen several photos of our forum members TW's with nice chrome downpipes and aluminum mufflers. So my question is where do i find a good exhaust system upgrade that wont rust out on me?

Everyone feel free to chime in with the pros and cons [if any] of the particular exhaust upgrade you have on your TW's

Thanks BP
    Check E-Bay for a TTR 225 stainless header(I paid $40.00)/and FMF for the mufffler(Bike Bandit/Denis Kirk etc)...basically a bolt on operation(also Q-insert9titanium) will lower the exhaust noise a few db)
    1993 TW/1200 origional miles/FMF/Clarke Tank/Pro Bend Hand Guards/Pro Taper chain/Larger Foot Pegs/Pro Taper grips/PIAA 35w/Cyclorack/LED stock turn signal conversion/Storage tubes/Kenda 270 5.10 front tire/Glock 45 Handle Bar mount(for the desert runs)!

i got the FMF pipe made specifically for the TW200 from DennisKirk (because they pricematched some unheard of site).

my header is from a ttr225. i got it off ebay. there is one on there now, but it looks overpriced and the condition looks like they have done a lot of scrubbing on it. my guess is that it would look really beat up in person.

you could always buy a new header off a site like boats.net, but you would probably be in for about $175 for the header, the screws/washers, and heat guard. the one i bought, i was the only bidder. they don't pop up a lot, but when they do, demand seems pretty low. i was the only person who bid on mine, and my winning bid was $1 (shipping was around $15).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I got my FMF from Bike Bandit. Come on up to Georgetown if you want to hear it in person before you make the purchase. I wish it was a bit quieter, but it isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie Nelson View Post
    i got the FMF pipe made specifically for the TW200 from DennisKirk (because they pricematched some unheard of site).

my header is from a ttr225. i got it off ebay. there is one on there now, but it looks overpriced and the condition looks like they have done a lot of scrubbing on it. my guess is that it would look really beat up in person.

you could always buy a new header off a site like boats.net, but you would probably be in for about $175 for the header, the screws/washers, and heat guard. the one i bought, i was the only bidder. they don't pop up a lot, but when they do, demand seems pretty low. i was the only person who bid on mine, and my winning bid was $1 (shipping was around $15).

Yes i saw that one on the ebay as well. It does look rough or 99 bucks. Think i will wait and find a cleaner one.Thanks for the good info, now i know what to look for.

I just found one on the net from Jokers Racing for $319.95 [a complete system for a ttr225] Anybody ever heard of these? they seem well made from the description.

]http://www.jokersracing.com/content-product_info/product_id-15745/yamaha_ttr_225_evo_race_series_complete_exhaust_sy stem_big_gun.html

someone on the old forum had one of those exhausts, but he posted the pic of his bike a long time ago. it's not anyone that i think was still active on the forums.

on boats.net, you can cross-reference the part number for the header and find all years and makes that have it:

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...611-00-00.html

looks like it is most xt225 and ttr225 models.

A couple of us are using the FMF TurbineCore 2 Universal Exhaust. I think it sells for about $125. I coupled it with a TTR 225 header from eBay ($35) for a nice, inexpensive setup.

And here it is on SpudRider's Zongshen Sierra (TW200 knock off). He's been using it for 10k miles with good results.

Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

Quote Originally Posted by betopimienta View Post

Thanks BP
    Hi,

the best exhaust you can get for money isn't FMF or Big Gun.

It's the complete racing exhaust system by Akrapovic.

Round 2hp more, just with this exhaust.

More exhaust's are here available: tw-parts.com

Regards, Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by macbig2k1 View Post
    Hi,

the best exhaust you can get for money isn't FMF or Big Gun.

It's the complete racing exhaust system by Akrapovic.

Round 2hp more, just with this exhaust.

I'm just curious what you're basing that on? Have you done dynos on TWs with stock, Akropovic, FMF and Big Gun exhausts? I'm sure we'd all love to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by macbig2k1 View Post
    More exhaust's are here available: tw-parts.com

Regards, Sebastian

Well I went to his site and it looks like Sebastian is selling the Akropovic for $889 USD.

I guess you need to determine if you're willing to spend $889 for 2HP.
    Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links