Motorcycle Stand for Harbor Freight
Close

Harbor Freight has a stand on sale. Not sure about the quality, but figured I would share. I know that my back doesn't like me lifting my T DUB up onto my regular stand *which is intended for a TALL race bike.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...and-66552.html

Just a heads up...the min ground clearance for the jack is 11". My 2008 stock clearance was 10.4" and I am guessing that older bikes might have a lower stock too.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Brock,

Are you using it to support the bike while you work on it?

If so HF, PepBoys, Walmart et al have hydraulic bike lifts which are far more stable and have about a 4" minimum height. Generally 50 bucks or so. Look like this, and you'll find it in several colors and marketed under different names and pricing, but they're all the same item.

http://www.amazon.com/Garage-Dirt-Bi...m_cr_pr_sims_t

I routinely lift 600-800 lb. bikes with one just like it. Just make sure you Loctite all the nuts and bolts when you assemble it. The handle comes off and it's pretty compact whe not in use.

The race stands are pretty useless for doing repairs, IMO.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I picked up that HF stand for even less using a 20% off coupon.

You are correct that it does not fit easily under a TW. I just roll the front tire up onto a 4" high block of wood then the lift slides easily under the engine.

First few lifts were very difficult. Bad enough that I thought I would be taking it back. Must have been jamming on the paint. Once used a few times I can easily lift it now.

The small second lever is not a lock. The lift goes over center as you step on the main lever. Then you secure/lock it with a pin.

The small lever is a release bar. Place your foot on both levers. Push the release lever down first and the bike lowers very easily.

Not a big fan of HF stuff but this item is OK. Could be a little more stable but it works fine as is.

I secure it in the raised position with the pin and if I am going to use it more than a few minutes I wrap a tie down strap around the engine and stand platform. Never had any trouble.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have this lift from HF. Identical to the one Lizrdbrth linked, but yellow. It has a 4.5" minimum clearance and fits easily under the TW. I have added a 1/2" square of plywood across the arms to create a flat base to catch the skid plate. Works well, and holds the TW very stable. I have been pleased with it.
    Custom 1998 TW200 Build Thread Hidden Content | 2003 TW200 | 2009 KLX351

That's the same lift. It can be found cheaper elsewhere. I think I payed around 50 bucks apiece for 2 of them, one from Pep Boys, one from Wally. One was red, with a shorter handle, one was yellow with the T handle, like yours.

Pretty generic, made in China and sold all over. The hydraulic ram tends to creep overnight with a heavy bike on it, but it'll stay put with a TW's weight for weeks.

Anyway, worth shopping around.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links