TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

product reviews

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  demarko69 
#1 ·
Well, after all my tuning and moding, we had a chance to ride several days up in the AZ high country. Here is some feedback on the new toys and accessories.

1. Moded foot pegs. these are a must, fantastic, great, makes a big difference riding rough terrian. 1/3 wider gives a more solid feel

2. Accessory bar w/ LED, GoPro, radio comm and GPS.

a. Led spot is good for long distance but poor upfront coverage

b. GoPro rigid mount on handle bar not a good idea- to much steering movement will use helmet mount.

c. Radio comm. DNT, nobody to talk with- used Scala G2 from Cardo. More on that later

d. Garmin 60 GPS, great on the handle bars, easy to see/read/use, even at break neck speeds of the tw....

3. Saddle bags & fuel cell

Kinda speaks for themself, More fuel and more storage mean longer and safer trips

4. Tuning, yamaha #116 main jet and 3 turns seem to work good up to 7500 feet, will go back to 118 for 1200 elevation rides, need to play with forks, springs & oil next.

See less See more
#4 ·

Im sure if we met we would have alot in common.
I believe there are 2 kinds of OHV riders. The ones who dont think what could happen (ignorance is bliss) And the other type is totally prepared for everything that could happen- for the rider, machines, outdoor elements. My friends, wife and dog and I ride to some pretty remote areas, I just like being prepared.

#5 ·
A lot of being prepared is having the skills and knowledge to get home without being dependent on gadgets. I can navigate sufficiently in most environments to get home reliably with a little pre-emptive map study and a compass. I carry enough tools to do all but split the cases in a single tank bag, with room left over for spare tubes, bits and pieces, survival gear (first aid kit and 14.45), and lunch. I hear death by GPS is becoming more and more common out west.

#7 ·
Here is some feedback on the new toys and accessories.

2. Accessory bar w/ LED, GoPro, radio comm and GPS.

b. GoPro rigid mount on handle bar not a good idea- to much steering movement will use helmet mount.

d. Garmin 60 GPS, great on the handle bars, easy to see/read/use, even at break neck speeds of the tw....

I actually like your "accessory bar". Kind of a neat idea. I've been in the "thinking stage" to improve my mounting for the gps and camera. My gps has a handle bar mount and I find it easy to access so probably won't change that, but want to change my camera mount. I have a better camera than the one I use for my video's, but it doesn't work very well at all with my current "PVC" mount.

I saw your video in your other thread, and I think it did a really good job. I agree a handle bar mount has issues with the steering and bounce, but I don't have another option until I upgrade to a different camera made for riding. Until then, I think I will develop some type of mount similar to yours. Thanks for sharing the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.