product reviews
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: product reviews

Well, after all my tuning and moding, we had a chance to ride several days up in the AZ high country. Here is some feedback on the new toys and accessories.

1. Moded foot pegs. these are a must, fantastic, great, makes a big difference riding rough terrian. 1/3 wider gives a more solid feel

2. Accessory bar w/ LED, GoPro, radio comm and GPS.

a. Led spot is good for long distance but poor upfront coverage

b. GoPro rigid mount on handle bar not a good idea- to much steering movement will use helmet mount.

c. Radio comm. DNT, nobody to talk with- used Scala G2 from Cardo. More on that later

d. Garmin 60 GPS, great on the handle bars, easy to see/read/use, even at break neck speeds of the tw....

3. Saddle bags & fuel cell

Kinda speaks for themself, More fuel and more storage mean longer and safer trips

4. Tuning, yamaha #116 main jet and 3 turns seem to work good up to 7500 feet, will go back to 118 for 1200 elevation rides, need to play with forks, springs & oil next.

And all that crap on there and you still fall over..
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by demarko69 View Post

I think You must be Mr. Gizmow's long lost brother.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    I think You must be Mr. Gizmow's long lost brother.

jb

Im sure if we met we would have alot in common. I believe there are 2 kinds of OHV riders. The ones who dont think what could happen (ignorance is bliss) And the other type is totally prepared for everything that could happen- for the rider, machines, outdoor elements. My friends, wife and dog and I ride to some pretty remote areas, I just like being prepared.

A lot of being prepared is having the skills and knowledge to get home without being dependent on gadgets. I can navigate sufficiently in most environments to get home reliably with a little pre-emptive map study and a compass. I carry enough tools to do all but split the cases in a single tank bag, with room left over for spare tubes, bits and pieces, survival gear (first aid kit and 14.45), and lunch. I hear death by GPS is becoming more and more common out west.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    A lot of being prepared is having the skills and knowledge to get home without being dependent on gadgets. I can navigate sufficiently in most environments to get home reliably with a little pre-emptive map study and a compass. I carry enough tools to do all but split the cases in a single tank bag, with room left over for spare tubes, bits and pieces, survival gear (first aid kit and 14.45), and lunch. I hear death by GPS is becoming more and more common out west.

Its not death by GPS, its death by 'idiots' that happen to have a GPS

I think you are just jealous that my ride has more cool toys than yours......

Here is some feedback on the new toys and accessories.

2. Accessory bar w/ LED, GoPro, radio comm and GPS.

b. GoPro rigid mount on handle bar not a good idea- to much steering movement will use helmet mount.

d. Garmin 60 GPS, great on the handle bars, easy to see/read/use, even at break neck speeds of the tw....

I actually like your "accessory bar". Kind of a neat idea. I've been in the "thinking stage" to improve my mounting for the gps and camera. My gps has a handle bar mount and I find it easy to access so probably won't change that, but want to change my camera mount. I have a better camera than the one I use for my video's, but it doesn't work very well at all with my current "PVC" mount.

I saw your video in your other thread, and I think it did a really good job. I agree a handle bar mount has issues with the steering and bounce, but I don't have another option until I upgrade to a different camera made for riding. Until then, I think I will develop some type of mount similar to yours. Thanks for sharing the info.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Its not death by GPS, its death by 'idiots' that happen to have a GPS

I think you are just jealous that my ride has more cool toys than yours......

Jealous, no. Pity, yes. I prefer simplicity and find an odd elegance in the minimalist concepts. I find the gadgets kind of annoying to maintain. I also tend to find gadget addicts kind of annoying when they stop to fidget and there are miles of trails to explore. I don't ride motorcycles to stop and fiddle. If I wanted gadgets I'd have a Goldwing and a BMW GS instead of a CB550 and a TW. YMMV

We REALLY need to get together and ride someday. Maybe even have a camera crew following us around Arizona-- A reality show of sorts.

titled "Overkill and the Minimalist"

Now, that's a GREAT idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links