serious front tread?
Close

I'm a new member as of 4 seconds ago, did some searching about front tires, I'm looking for the BIGGEST knobbiest tire I can jam on the front!!.. I love the ATV rear tire swap and will be doing that soon, also would like to know if anybody had done the BIG front tire swap kit on their bikes, I would like to get this kit, but could I run a 25x8-14 on the front of the bike, has anybody tried this? pics of you tire set ups & specs would be great thanks!

Generally speaking any 5.10x18 rear will fit. Pick your poison. A lot of us run them in varying brands and patterns. Most of the feedback is subjective at this point, and we don't agree on very many things in here . But I think it's generally agreed that most are better than the stocker offroad.

Never ridden a rear-to-front conversion, but there a few around. The Japanese kits are pretty spendy, most I've seen have been accomplished using BW parts.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Now this is a pro con post. PRO They have a big tire kit that basically you can put the rear size tire on the front but The CON its in Japan only. The way you do it yourself is. You have to have custom triple trees made wider to fit the rear tire in the front,a custom spacer for the forks to the rims and re spoke your front rim with a rear rim.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RisingSun View Post
    Now this is a pro con post. PRO They have a big tire kit that basically you can put the rear size tire on the front but The CON its in Japan only. The way you do it yourself is. You have to have custom triple trees made wider to fit the rear tire in the front,a custom spacer for the forks to the rims and re spoke your front rim with a rear rim.

ahh i see, I wasen't sure if you could order that kit or not,, but I assume there is a post somwhere on here about the rear-to-front conversion? just love seeing all the options there is for these little bikes!

Negative on dat. You can't lace a rear to a front. The spoke count is different.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Negative on dat. You can't lace a rear to a front. The spoke count is different.
    Hi,

I was lucky enough to pick up a second hand fat wheel conversion kit here in Thailand. A guy selling second hand TW and SR400 parts.

He got it from a crashed bike in Japan on the auctions very cheap. Aparantly it is possible to use the yahoo auction sites. There is some information on the net about differnt ways to the sites but it takes time and resaerch that i havent had yet. i think rising sun and Mame may know more. I have browsed them and there are some bargains to be had if you can figure out the best way! would love to get a 225 engine from there to send to Stephen (tw-parts.com) to modify. So that is one tricky route.

The kit can also be bought for a wopping 140,000 yen, from here http://www.motobike.jp/product/3479 or here https://japan.webike.net

i think the best way is to get the rear wheel rim on the front is the way another member mmannddalla did it. realy great post worth a read. https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...ont-wheel-mod/

I wish we could get ATV tires to fit here in thailand

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bangkokbonk View Post

Hi,

I was lucky enough to pick up a second hand fat wheel conversion kit here in Thailand. A guy selling second hand TW and SR400 parts.

He got it from a crashed bike in Japan on the auctions very cheap. Aparantly it is possible to use the yahoo auction sites. There is some information on the net about differnt ways to the sites but it takes time and resaerch that i havent had yet. i think rising sun and Mame may know more. I have browsed them and there are some bargains to be had if you can figure out the best way! would love to get a 225 engine from there to send to Stephen (tw-parts.com) to modify. So that is one tricky route.

The kit can also be bought for a wopping 140,000 yen, from here http://www.motobike.jp/product/3479 or here https://japan.webike.net

i think the best way is to get the rear wheel rim on the front is the way another member mmannddalla did it. realy great post worth a read. https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...ont-wheel-mod/

I wish we could get ATV tires to fit here in thailand

Good luck!

this is all fantastic info!.. deffintly gonna look into this swap, untill then, I'm gonna try to find the biggest knarlest tires I can jam on this bike!..

Try a Kenda K760 Trackmaster. I have a 120/90-18 and there is room for more. I've heard rumors of 140 knobbies being wedged under the fender.

The fatty kits from Japan, as far as I know, only fit the early bikes with drum brakes and include a new hub. They run about $1800 shipped to the U. S. of A.

I've been reading on the front swap using it seems to be some parts from the yamaha BW, and some mods needed to be done for the axel swap and break fitmet.. looks very trick either way.. hope I can pull this off, or find away to get the fat tire kit to canada.. really hope I can get that fat tire mod shipped over here!

Sponosred Links