eBay Handlebar Risers
Close

Anyone try these handlebar risers from eBay? Seller seems to get pretty good feedback, but I would like to hear from someone who actually had/has a set of these. I can't afford to go all out and get a really good set, or a new set of handlebars yet, but if I can get something to pacify me until I do it right, that would be nice. I was hoping these inexpensive risers would work out. Every time I ride the TW, I always wish the handlebars were a little higher.

Thanks,

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    Anyone try these handlebar risers from eBay? Seller seems to get pretty good feedback, but I would like to hear from someone who actually had/has a set of these. I can't afford to go all out and get a really good set, or a new set of handlebars yet, but if I can get something to pacify me until I do it right, that would be nice. I was hoping these inexpensive risers would work out. Every time I ride the TW, I always wish the handlebars were a little higher.

Thanks,

Dan

$20 bucks my friend ! http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...&sizeAttr=2521

Dan,

I have a set of the Tusk risers sitting on my toolbox without any use for them. I'm leaving at 3am to go out of town for the weekend, but if you want them, pm me your address and i'll mail them to you on Monday free of charge. I had them on my bike for a week and got a set of Pro-Taper ATV-Hi bars instead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Is anyone using the tusks? And if so how do you like them?

I need to order a set because I'm leaning over too much. And $20 seems like a justifyable upgrade.

Wheely - Let me know if you dont get rid of them and I'll buy them off you.
    2008 TW200 - Jimbo W/S, Rear Cycle Rack, Magnetic Drain Plug, Wally World Seat Cover, Custom JB Welded Seat Screws. (Desires - Kicker, Raised Handlebars, and Round Headlight)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie Nelson View Post
    Dan,

I have a set of the Tusk risers sitting on my toolbox without any use for them. I'm leaving at 3am to go out of town for the weekend, but if you want them, pm me your address and i'll mail them to you on Monday free of charge. I had them on my bike for a week and got a set of Pro-Taper ATV-Hi bars instead.

PM Sent!
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

I have a pari of the Dirtly spacers from eBay on my TW and am happy with them. They are of good quality and come with stainless bolts. They lift only about one inch and I cannot for the life of me, tell the difference in the hadling characteristics of the bike. The added inch feels a bit better on my arms, but I would prefer another inch or so. From what I have read here on the Forum, at about 1.75" you will need to start rerouteing cables and wires or think about lengthening them. Highly recommended even so!
    Happy Trails,

capt pow!

2010 TW200, factory rear rack, Chinese jumbo footpegs, Jimbo windshield, ScalaRider G4, Clarke 2.7 Gallon tank, Koso tachometer, Stearns seat cover, gel grips, Dirtly 1" handlebar risers, Osram Rallye H4 bulb, Cortec Deluxe rear bag .

I really like the fact that Tusk now sells a solid riser instead of the previous stacked version that I have. I use all the pieces and would look better solid.

New Solid Risers

Old Pieced Risers

The 1.2" higher is awesome. SO much more comfortable on my arms and elbows. Definitely suggest these if you are 6' and over!
    My TW is HUNGRY!

'01 TW200, WPS Handguards, D2moto Foot Pegs, Jimbo's Cafe Fairing, Tusk Handle Bar Risers, Yamaha Rear Rack, 47 Tooth Rear, 3/16 Fuel Filter, Monsterbolts, Monsterbrace, HJC CL-14 Fuse, HJC ACX1, Cortech GX-AIR, RU Outside Teton Gloves

I bought a set or ROX risers which give about a 2 inch lift but they are expensive.Well built look good but expensive
    Bob

hotanvil-forge

Hidden Content

2006 Suzuki S40//still own

1994 TW200,D2moto pegs/Jimbo cafe shield/rear cycle rack's rack/still own

1981 Kawasaki 305 CSRstill own/will be a Bobber

1977 Honda CJ360-T/now a Bobber/still own

1952 Triumph flat track 500cc/still own

1971 T100c 500cc chopper/still own

1992 883 Sportster

1965 Honda S90

1964 305 SuperHawk

1975 Yamaha MX 175

1974 Kawasaki 125

I use the Tusk risers. I've been really happy with them. I'm 6' 2" and they made my TW a LOT more comfortable for me. Also picked up a cheap set of MSR bars at the same time (CR High bend) and they put my hands in a much more comfortable position that the stock ones. I've also used the Ones that Pit Posse sell and like the Tusk better. Though they did turn out to make a nice mount for my Vapor.

(Pardon the mess, I've had a few projects going)

Sponosred Links