My 95% T-Dub
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: My 95% T-Dub

  1. #1
    Senior Member RisingSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    793
    Here is my T-Dub. About 95% Done. Still want to paint tank,Change bars,ASV shorty levers,Renthal Kevlar Grips,Change out seat cover to a motocross gripper seat cover. I am sliding all over that seat,Maybe extended swingarm.






  2. #2
    Senior Member FnMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    493
    [twitter]iPad acting up... What kinda rear plastics are those?[/twitter][twitter]Gggg[/twitter]

  3. #3
    Senior Member RisingSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    [twitter]iPad acting up... What kinda rear plastics are those?[/twitter][twitter]Gggg[/twitter]
    Its from Japan and its fiberglass tracker tail and fiberglass front fender. Had to fab the mount for the tail light and front turn signals. The closest thing I have seen made in the U.S is by a company called hotwingglass. Note it is not cheap too bad I got mine for $60?maybe.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member lizrdbrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Desert, SoCal
    Posts
    7,369
    Nice. Is that a 'glass front fender and a YZ shift lever? Where you hiding the electricals?



    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

    Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Senior Member RisingSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Nice. Is that a 'glass front fender and a YZ shift lever? Where you hiding the electricals?


    Fiberglass front fender,YZ shifter. Electricals are under the seat in a aluminum tray made for TW's I got from Japan for like $20. Its a illusion. There is actually more room under the fiber seat than using the stock or long seat. I think like almost 2 inches taller and gets bigger as it goes back. I have been sitting on all my parts gathering them for months and then put them on all at once. I actually have more parts,but decided not to use them. Extra headlight,extra battery pan,Extra Demon bars with extended cables(Front brake,Throttle and Clutch) and extended electricals for lights,turn signals ect.. on the bars. Custom made mud guard with 22 gauge sheet metal from Lowes,custom turn signal mounts made from the stock front replectors on TW. K&N filter pod,small 12V battery. Want to paint tank a deep candy maroon next. I think the picture was taken at a bad angle too.

  7. #6
    Senior Member bangkokbonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Koh Kood Thailand
    Posts
    211
    Nice Job,

    Tracker tail's a nice look.

    I had a few problems with my Air filter letting in water and dirtying up the carb. I had my filter mounted horizontaly, it was getting splashed with dirt and water comming from the front wheel not the rear (after instaling plate to cover reartyre splash). I am in the process of remounting it the same way you have (horizontaly) so it doesnt get splashed so much. Have you done much riding in wet dirty conditions? How does the filter hold up? I was using a very cheap filter also.

  8. #7
    Senior Member RisingSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by bangkokbonk View Post
    Nice Job,

    Tracker tail's a nice look.

    I had a few problems with my Air filter letting in water and dirtying up the carb. I had my filter mounted horizontaly, it was getting splashed with dirt and water comming from the front wheel not the rear (after instaling plate to cover reartyre splash). I am in the process of remounting it the same way you have (horizontaly) so it doesnt get splashed so much. Have you done much riding in wet dirty conditions? How does the filter hold up? I was using a very cheap filter also.


    Well some people have a guard on the filter,but don't know who sells it for TW's. Its plastic and covers half the filter facing outwards. If you go to the BBR motorsports website they look under KLX 110 U-flow filter that is what it looks like. It deflects water but its not a 100% sure bet. The best you can do it get a K&N dust cover treat it with scotch guard and make a deflector. Your in Thailand right? I don't think you can do much since it rains soo much there. For a emergency application for pod filters in heavy rain is cut a water bottle in half and cut the bottom out. tape it around the filter so we could atleast get home. The water bottle will cover the outside of the filter except for the end. Just avoid water puddles and mud too.

  9. #8
    Senior Member bangkokbonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Koh Kood Thailand
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingSun View Post
    Well some people have a guard on the filter,but don't know who sells it for TW's. Its plastic and covers half the filter facing outwards. If you go to the BBR motorsports website they look under KLX 110 U-flow filter that is what it looks like. It deflects water but its not a 100% sure bet. The best you can do it get a K&N dust cover treat it with scotch guard and make a deflector. Your in Thailand right? I don't think you can do much since it rains soo much there. For a emergency application for pod filters in heavy rain is cut a water bottle in half and cut the bottom out. tape it around the filter so we could atleast get home. The water bottle will cover the outside of the filter except for the end. Just avoid water puddles and mud too.
    Thanksfor the info. It is a problem i have discovered in the rainy season. will look into K&N filters more and fabricating a splash guard for the side facing out. Also saw K&N do some 'wraps'



    I saw this wich is very nice My link ...but very pricey too!! Is this a filter cover do you think?? it says it fitts the TW200. Is there an airfilter inside?. Looks great. I have tried finding it on the K&N site before but no luck.

  10. #9
    Senior Member RisingSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    793
    Don't buy it you can make it.






  11. #10
    Senior Member bangkokbonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Koh Kood Thailand
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingSun View Post
    Don't buy it you can make it.





    Yes that looks a better option, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •