Front Mudguard raised.
Close

Hi guys,

I would like to raise my front mudguard / fender.

There seems to be a few ways to do this.

For example: Drill and tap the triple tees, u-clamps, brackets, etc?

If anyone has done this modification could you please provide some pics and details.

I think it's an interesting modification and would like to see how many variations we have to doing this - similiar to the many quick seat removal options we have.

TW = Two Wheels! 200 = Smiles per minute!

The one I like is replacing the bolts with longer bolts and springs to get another couple of inches clearance.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Some of the many raised fender threads

http://www.google.co...iw=1067&bih=666

And a multitude of pics

http://www.google.co...=og&sa=N&tab=w

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I tried Tdub with the fender raised but put it back down because control of spray and slinging stuff was inadequate. I think i'll try the longer bolts and springs, and a mud flap.

I made a bracket out of angle aluminum that bolts to the front of the triple tree with some washers behind it. Then I riveted on an aftermarket enduro front fender. It works great and was real easy. I just did a search for raised front fender on the forum and there was a step by step post on how to do it. I use mine a lot hunting so I wanted the extra clearance for mud and stuff. It works great plus it looks like more of an off road bike.

Quote Originally Posted by bschauffler View Post
    I made a bracket out of angle aluminum that bolts to the front of the triple tree with some washers behind it. Then I riveted on an aftermarket enduro front fender. It works great and was real easy. I just did a search for raised front fender on the forum and there was a step by step post on how to do it. I use mine a lot hunting so I wanted the extra clearance for mud and stuff. It works great plus it looks like more of an off road bike.

I did the same but used bolts as my rivet gun is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I did the same but used bolts as my rivet gun is elsewhere.
    I've watched and waited to post my "2 cents worth". After reading several suggestions here and on several sites. Keep in mind our TWs only have 6 total inches of fork travel. We first we got our preload and fork oil height right, then we did the zip tie trick on a naked fork leg to determine exactly what our "normal" riding travel was, my Riding Buddy and I settled on using one inch plastic spacers between the fender brace and the fender along with inch longer bolts to raise the fender - wait for it - one inch! So far we've have zero (okay, a couple occasions we've a little) fender bottoming and the front tire no longer loads up even in the thickest mud. Plus we think it adds an aggressive stance to our timid little rides!

Pick a height you like (suggest that you avoid going over 1") and pick up spacers and new bolts (got ours in the hardware drawers at Tractor Supply) and you're in business.

Since the fender is raised, you may want to consider adding a mudguard / flap to the rear of the fender to help keep the crud off the engine.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

Sponosred Links